Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

i got ripped off by Carson!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-08, 03:23 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i got ripped off by Carson!

ordered toyota visors and 2 JP neckpads and instead of them shipping the items with usps , they sent it with ups and charged me $98 buks for shipping. tried calling them but still they never called me back. spoke with a couple of people and they were suppose to call me back on my cell but still no answer. it was one of there employees fault. Im just Wanring people to watch out especailly Canadians!
Old 07-31-08, 04:03 PM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS430V8
ordered toyota visors and 2 JP neckpads and instead of them shipping the items with usps , they sent it with ups and charged me $98 buks for shipping. tried calling them but still they never called me back. spoke with a couple of people and they were suppose to call me back on my cell but still no answer. it was one of there employees fault. Im just Wanring people to watch out especailly Canadians!
Hello sir, I appoligize but I have to make sure this is cleared up correctly. We only charged you 26.00 to ship to you in Canada. When the order was shipped, the mistake was made by our shipping department in sending it UPS instead of USPS. However, we asked that you simply refuse the package, then we would re ship the package to you via the correct USPS. We would eat the initial shipping charge because it was an error made on our side, then re-ship out to you again at our cost via USPS. You did not want to wait and do it this way, so you accepted the package. The 98.00 dollars you are reffering to is not a shipping charge from us, but the brokerage fees you get charged in Canada for the goods you received.

Also, we did talk to you in person numerous times trying to ask you to let us take care of the situation. In fact at the time this occured we had visors and pads in stock and ready to ship so that there would not be delay longer than 2 days, but you refused that as well.

Again, we wanted to take care of the shipping initially, and then pay to re ship, but you reused that option. The brokerage fees were not paid to us, but to your Canadian Govmt. So I apoligize about the initial error in not sending the parts via USPS, but we did make the attemp to fix the issue in a number of ways that you refused.
Old 07-31-08, 05:45 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

i do understand you guys but i did not want to wait another 2 weeks or so . So that is why i went ahead and paid the costs . i called you guys numerous of times and you guys said that you cannot do anything without the Manager. the manager was suppose to call me and figure out something or atleast get my $26.00 dollars back that i paid for nothing to usps. But he never did call and that is why i just stopped calling you guys. i'm just happy with what i got but i still feel i got ripped off a little for someones fault.
Old 07-31-08, 08:22 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This seems like an easy fix....just get the credit back for the difference. I dont understand why they would want you to refuse the package and then they resend it to you when that is just more cost for them?? The other thing I dont understand is didnt they charge your credit card with the total they gave you for your part(s) plus the shipping? I can see if they made an internal mistake as it happens all over just not sure how you got the bill for it to begin with?

Any how I hope they credit you back the difference and feel that is more then fair. Good luck with everything.

Mike
Old 07-31-08, 08:51 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by passnu2
This seems like an easy fix....just get the credit back for the difference. I dont understand why they would want you to refuse the package and then they resend it to you when that is just more cost for them?? The other thing I dont understand is didnt they charge your credit card with the total they gave you for your part(s) plus the shipping? I can see if they made an internal mistake as it happens all over just not sure how you got the bill for it to begin with?

Any how I hope they credit you back the difference and feel that is more then fair. Good luck with everything.

Mike
i paid in full amount and additional $26.00 for shipping with USPS. but some how the order came through with UPS which charged me 98 buks for duties. I am not going to wait another two weeks for someones fault! that is why i went ahead and paid the fees. i called carson before i ordered and i asked if they will send my order with usps since usps does not charge me duties in canada. all i know is that is was theyre fault. And like i said i tried calling them to fix this problem, i left them my number but still no one has called me back and i've been forgotten. like you said maybe a refund they wont be able to do but credit they should've gave me for there fault or something. i just dont understand how i had to pay for someones fault! that is why i still feel that i got Ripped off by Carson!

Last edited by GS430V8; 07-31-08 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-31-08, 08:58 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The thing is big shipping companies like FedEx, UPS, DHL charge their own brokerage fee. The brokerage fee is to bypass US/Canada Border customs, they will do their own investigating. Carson said they made a mistake on their behalf that they shipped it with UPS on accident (UPS has the brokerage fees 100)! But if you refused the package and let Carson resend the items via USPS you wouldn't have to pay for the brokerage fee and Carson would have gotten the package back and most likely have NO brokerage fee. but since you accepted the package UPS charged you for the brokerage fee. If you shipped it with USPS you would have to pay the customs fee as well. That is Your local tax for the items cost above $20USD.
Old 07-31-08, 09:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think its kind of ridiculous for the guy to have to refuse delivery so that its sent back, then wait 2 wks to get what he has in his hands. You guys should eat the difference if it was your mistake, and take care of your customer by crediting the difference to his card.
Old 07-31-08, 09:13 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

If you look at it, It left Carson to the right address and everything but the main problem was the shipping company. Instead of being USPS where they would most likely charge much less for custom fees, they sent the product out with UPS which has their own "customs" that bypass all that stuff from the government but you would have to pay the fee, in this case $98.00. Honestly i think the only thing you can do is bite the UPS brokerage fee since it did get to you or If carson wants to satisfy their customer pay the 98.00 customs fee.
Old 07-31-08, 09:22 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I think its kind of ridiculous for the guy to have to refuse delivery so that its sent back, then wait 2 wks to get what he has in his hands. You guys should eat the difference if it was your mistake, and take care of your customer by crediting the difference to his card.
Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
If you look at it, It left Carson to the right address and everything but the main problem was the shipping company. Instead of being USPS where they would most likely charge much less for custom fees, they sent the product out with UPS which has their own "customs" that bypass all that stuff from the government but you would have to pay the fee, in this case $98.00. Honestly i think the only thing you can do is bite the UPS brokerage fee since it did get to you or If carson wants to satisfy their customer pay the 98.00 customs fee.
just like you guys said above. i knew my package was going to be sent with usps that is why i agreed on placeing an order. i did not want to pay high brokerage fees. that is why i am saying that Carson did not take care of me as a customer and this why i feel i got ripped off. And what I8ABMR said is trully would should have been done to resolve this situation.

Last edited by GS430V8; 07-31-08 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-31-08, 11:47 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts

Carson tried to clear it up and made efforts to fix it. You refused their help because you wanted it NOW so you made the decision to take on the brokerage fee's.

Your decision, you pay.
Old 07-31-08, 11:47 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Well to be fair Carson did say that the wait would only be 2 DAYS, since they had the stuff in stock ready to get shipped out before the return stuff got back...

I have to agree with OLT here. You were given the option of either waiting two more days and not pay the fee or pay the fee and receive the product immediately. While it certainly is their fault that they sent out using the wrong carrier, they tried to fix it with a VERY reasonable solution and you refused it.
Old 08-01-08, 08:33 AM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Carson tried to clear it up and made efforts to fix it. You refused their help because you wanted it NOW so you made the decision to take on the brokerage fee's.

Your decision, you pay.
Originally Posted by knihc2008
Well to be fair Carson did say that the wait would only be 2 DAYS, since they had the stuff in stock ready to get shipped out before the return stuff got back...

I have to agree with OLT here. You were given the option of either waiting two more days and not pay the fee or pay the fee and receive the product immediately. While it certainly is their fault that they sent out using the wrong carrier, they tried to fix it with a VERY reasonable solution and you refused it.
i do understand you guys. and that is why i went ahead an paid. like i said did not want to wait anymore. it was there fault all i know is that i wasnt a valued customer, they didnt even call me to clear up this poblem. but its all good becuase i got what i really wanted. i just wanted people to know how they treated there customer.
Old 08-01-08, 09:01 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,371 Posts

It sounds like there was good communication to you and a reasonable accommidation offered (two days extra wait for your neck pads and visors, at no extra cost to you) and other options that you refused. You didn't give them a chance to fix it.

Not making any excuses for Carson - they clearly sent your item via the wrong carrier - but I think they offered a reasonable solution to make the cross-border shipping issue right. A two day wait doesn't warrant a strongly worded 'i got ripped off by Carson!' thread IMO.

Stuff like this probably makes them dislike selling anything cross-border to Canada; they are one of only a handful of Lexus aftermarket vendors that does. I certainly would think twice about personally selling anything to you in the future.
Old 08-01-08, 09:07 AM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
It sounds like there was good communication to you and a reasonable accommidation offered (two days extra wait for your neck pads and visors, at no extra cost to you) and other options that you refused. You didn't give them a chance to fix it.

Not making any excuses for Carson - they clearly sent your item via the wrong carrier - but I think they offered a reasonable solution to make the cross-border shipping issue right. A two day wait doesn't warrant a strongly worded 'i got ripped off by Carson!' thread IMO.

Stuff like this probably makes them dislike selling anything cross-border to Canada; they are one of only a handful of Lexus aftermarket vendors that does. I certainly would think twice about personally selling anything to you in the future.
Carson DID NOT say that it will be a 2 day delay if i refused the package, i asked and they said i would have to wait another 2 weeks if i refused the package. on the first attempt i did not pay ups, and thats when i called carson and spoke with ceaser, thats when they said that i have to refuse the package and wait till it comes back to them and then re-packaging with new labels so that they can resend back to me using usps. all i know is that they RIPPED ME OFF! it was there fault!, they are just making up excuses! and plus Davegs4 your saying that you would think twice of selling me goods?!? i am the customer that got ripped off! i will never buy anything agian from them, I will never give them positive feedback for what kind of customer service they gave me!

Last edited by GS430V8; 08-01-08 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-01-08, 09:39 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Yes, not only would I think twice... I wouldn't do it.

Again, not saying they didn't screw up the shipping; I just think you are unreasonable with a two day wait. Luis said they had the items in stock and would have shipped using the correct carrier w/o waiting for your other package to return to resend to you. Perhaps a miscommunication between you and the vendor on the timing.

I've got years of experience with Carson and haven't ever seen them lie about something like this. They aren't perfect all the time (no one I've ever dealt with is), but they do try hard to make things right when they mess up.

PS yes, I saw your edit where you initially posted that Caesar called you.

Good luck with your neck pads.

Quick Reply: i got ripped off by Carson!