Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

whats taking so long...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-08, 04:58 PM
rli2bcz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats taking so long...

there was a gb for the tom's lip kit back in May from carson toyota. it was supposed to be only a 2 month wait. i was told that the container was in the ports already about 3-4 weeks ago. what could take so long for customs to clear it so that we could get our parts. has anyone received their parts from carson yet?
Old 08-11-08, 05:44 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

have you tried perhaps calling carson....
Old 08-11-08, 06:07 PM
rli2bcz
Pole Position

i called a couple times. still same answer. "its in the ports waiting for pick up" i think its BS
Old 08-11-08, 07:29 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rli2bcz
i called a couple times. still same answer. "its in the ports waiting for pick up" i think its BS
I can only say this again "it's been at the port over three weeks now", I'm sorry you think it's BS. There's a lot involved in bringing a container over here and we have absolutely no control over customs and how long they hold it or tag us for an Exam. We want it here just as bad as you do and are frustrated as well.

Here's the latest from our forwarder:

1. Fortunately, US customs notified us today that they will waive the actual intensive exam (open the cntr and etc) for this cntr.

Now cntr has been released and it's matter of time to be updated in the terminal.

(we are waiting for exam charge to be updated if there is any since they cancelled the actual exam)

2. We are planning to deliver this cntr on 8/14 o 8/15 to avoid any demurrage at the port.

Please let me know which date is good for you.

We need a few days to unload this and get your kit along with the 100's of other items off the container, its packed to the gills!

Thank you for your patience, PM me if you need anything further
Old 08-11-08, 08:13 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My body pieces are in the same container as well...Been waiting patiently for it since June...Its been almost a couple of months; I guess a couple of days won't hurt too much, but definitely frustrating when its the last piece to be installed to complete the car...

Definitely need a lot of patience for true JDM parts...But I"m sure its worth the wait...

I've dealt with Carson for years here, they have been good to me...Just give a little more patience...
Old 08-11-08, 08:28 PM
rli2bcz
Pole Position

i didnt mean any negative thoughts here. i was just wondering why the long wait. now i know and i thank you for the info. i was just in a hurry to get it for the show, but now the show has passed. i guess a few more days wont hurt. i know it will be worth the wait...
Old 08-11-08, 09:52 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

This is what happens when you're trying to buy parts from japan. You can never truly get your parts 'on-time'. It's hard to predict when the package will actually come in.
Old 08-11-08, 10:11 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

steve, just out of curiosity, what was the vessel name and which forwarder do you use? or rather if u prefer, pm me the info.

btw, o/t, got my neck pads they're awesome!
Old 08-12-08, 06:31 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Customs can really be a pain in the neck. I brought in JP Scaras once and the description was silver/polish. They wanted me to fill out HAZMAT forms and such. They held the wheels for a while until I gave them proof that they were wheels and not actual silver polish.

I know the wait time can suck from Japan by boat, especially when customs gets their hands on it and checks each box. Patience is virtue when shipping by boat.

Good Luck clearing Steve
Old 08-12-08, 07:09 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rli2bcz
i didnt mean any negative thoughts here. i was just wondering why the long wait. now i know and i thank you for the info. i was just in a hurry to get it for the show, but now the show has passed. i guess a few more days wont hurt. i know it will be worth the wait...
Believe me, I understand you and am sorry about the wait but I wanted you to know I'm doing everything I can to get it here. I know your excited and anticipating your aero kit, I'm the exact same way when I get parts for my car!

Thanks for understanding, I really do appreciate it

Originally Posted by GSteg
This is what happens when you're trying to buy parts from japan. You can never truly get your parts 'on-time'. It's hard to predict when the package will actually come in.
Can I get an Amen on this one...........

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
steve, just out of curiosity, what was the vessel name and which forwarder do you use? or rather if u prefer, pm me the info.

btw, o/t, got my neck pads they're awesome!
Nice, glad you got the pads.....yes, please PM me for this info

Originally Posted by TLW
Customs can really be a pain in the neck. I brought in JP Scaras once and the description was silver/polish. They wanted me to fill out HAZMAT forms and such. They held the wheels for a while until I gave them proof that they were wheels and not actual silver polish.

I know the wait time can suck from Japan by boat, especially when customs gets their hands on it and checks each box. Patience is virtue when shipping by boat.

Good Luck clearing Steve
Thank you sir, I know you've been there. It's more expensive then ever especially this time of year to import and sometimes it's a bit of a pain especially when it's a large container like the one we have.
Old 08-12-08, 09:59 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

My kit is on the same container and I've been waiting since March...so yeah...