Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Very disappointed in Carson

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-08 | 10:11 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Default Very disappointed in Carson

I have been waiting for my Big Win full Lip kit since March . Been in contact with Luis after 4 and a half month wait. And was notified that the container is in customs. Which is fine, after another month of waiting, still no update.

Was in SoCal this past weekend, Luis had notified that the container will be in there hands by Friday (08-15-08). Waited all weekend, no update. Waited to come back on Monday even, cause I was notified that the container would be sorted out by then. Tuesday comes along (today). Guess what IS NOT in the container? My order...

I am very disappointed in the quality of customer service of a vendor this big, I understand that they have to deal with thousands of customers a day. But there is no way of inventorying what is in the container when it is shipped out ? I couldn't have been notified that my order was not in there 4 months ago when the container was shipped out? The money I spent could have been spent on other things and deals that have popped up in the past 6 months. A refund will be issued for my order, so everything will be OK.

I am not blaming anyone in particular for this transaction, but I am just disappointed in the kind of service that we are provided with, as everybody knows the track record for Carson's Customer Service. I guess I just needed to vent.

P.S. - Some kind of CoD should be established, I invested money but got nothing out of it...Would have been better off putting the money in a bank and getting interest from it...
Old 08-19-08 | 10:45 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

What does carson have to do with what is not in the container?
Old 08-19-08 | 11:07 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Because I ordered it through Carson, and it is their container?
Old 08-19-08 | 12:04 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

In baosers defense I have to say six months is an incredible time to have something shipped. With him being told that it WAS in the container he definately is right to express his feelings.

but baoser I have to tell you somethign bro, when you order such kits they are not always on hand, they literally make them to order. I waited for a kit for 3-4 months I dont remember but it was made then shipped. Its all part of the process of having a unique kit. Although I understand you are upset.. this is a regular process for getting things shipped from overseas small or big. Everyone who has ever done so will agree.

I know your time and patience is definately not what carson wants to waste. bad buzz travels 100 times faster, know what I mean?

but hey they gave you a refund and now you can try a diff route or maybe the kit was actually made and will be on the next container and they will have it in stock if and when you decide to order it again.

I know if you contact these suppliers in japan through email someone will respond in english and you can pay to have it air freighted to san francisco it maybe costs about 500 bucks? dont quote me on that but I think that was my last quote when I asked to have a full kit shipped.

gluck with everything.
Old 08-19-08 | 12:04 PM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Guys, I have to say that what Boaser is saying is 100% correct. While he didn't order direct through me, but it went through a shop that he dealt with that I deal with.

Not only did I not receive his kit, but also none of my orders for the SC Big Win front lips that I wanted to keep for stock. Up until last week when the container was still going through inspections, we beleived the parts where still in there. We received no indications otherwise from the seperate vendor in Japan that I get these from.

We finally finished unloading the container today, and as soon as I knew the kits were not inside I called the shop, and then I assume they notified Boaser.

That being said, missing full shippments from a specific vendor does not happen often. Boaser I apoligize for what happened. If there is anything else I can do for you directly let me know. I have one AC kit that came in for stock that I'm sure we can do something for you on. Just Pm me directly or call at 310-522-2383.
Old 08-19-08 | 12:09 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Thanks for the response Luis, I will contact the shop and see what we can work out.
Old 08-21-08 | 08:01 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by Baoser
Because I ordered it through Carson, and it is their container?
Still doesn't control what happens on the distributors end. It should be you and carson complaining to the distributor. They did their part and ordered it. Sometimes it happens when dealing with a third party.
Old 08-22-08 | 07:41 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Still doesn't control what happens on the distributors end. It should be you and carson complaining to the distributor. They did their part and ordered it. Sometimes it happens when dealing with a third party.
Well either way I'm holding off on buying the kit now, as bills and stuff have come up.
Old 08-22-08 | 11:35 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

sounds like this issue was discussed in an appropriate and professional manner

luis, just my 2 cents, having a logistics background, each time you have a shipment in a container, ask for a copy of that container's packing list and even arrival notice (possibly HB/L as well if you can get it). irregardless of your buying terms with ABC distributor, you should be able to identify whether or not your parts are in that container with that packing list. GL!
Old 08-23-08 | 01:47 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Thanks 4ntvings.

Just waiting on a refund now, no hard feelings.
Old 08-23-08 | 11:33 AM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

6 months?!? wow.
Old 08-23-08 | 06:45 PM
LexFather

Closed, situation has been handled.