Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

d2autosport service......TERRIBLE

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-08, 01:43 PM
rac2max
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default d2autosport service......TERRIBLE

I'm not trying to bad-mouthed them but their service or at least the guy who helped me is TERRIBLE

I called in today to inquire about a set of 20" Vossen 082 for my 08 IS250 RWD. I asked if I can have */35/20 sidewall tires on those wheels. He said no, the maximum is */25/20 sidewall. I was very surprised because other vendors said that they can do 30 or even 35 sidewall.
OK, so I inquire about a 19" wheels (Vertini Hennessy) to see if those wheels can fit */35/19 sidewall. He again said no. 19" sure can fit 35 sidewall. Then I was like this guy is not trying to help me at all. His answers are rude and short, with no explanations.
Finally, I said "thank you" because obviously he doesn't want my business. I was about to hang up and heard him said "MORON" before he hung up.

I was like WTF. What kind of service is this? This is a CL vendor. With this service, I'm not coming back to them.

If you ask for his name, I didn't catch it. I mean I should have because this would prove that I'm not making this up.

MAN.....I'm not buying wheels from them PERIOD
Old 10-08-08, 01:48 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

yeah I called them too, and they weren't very helpful
Old 10-08-08, 02:17 PM
johnnyboy
Lexus Champion

he called you a moron?

wow.. i think someone owes someone an apology.
Old 10-08-08, 02:20 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

LOL I had the same thing!!! I was just like ehh...F it!
Old 10-08-08, 02:32 PM
Paranormal
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar experience with them last year with my G35 but i complained and spoke to the owner (Derrick) & he answered my questions. But it left a bad taste in my mouth and i ordered from Chris & F1. I can only imagine how it would be if you actually had a serious issue.
Old 10-08-08, 04:02 PM
LexFather

Odd, having met both Derrick and Stephan they are great people and they are growing. Its hard to grow with bad service and they have supported Clublexus since hey came into existence.

Old 10-08-08, 05:28 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

+1

Derrick and Stefan I have meet a couple of times at local meets and they seem like stand up guys. I will be purchasing a set of rims from them sometime in the end of the year or early 09 if I ever decide on a set I will be happy with lol.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience though. I would have contacted Stefan or Derrick directly.
Old 10-08-08, 05:44 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

That was me that you spoke to, and first things first I NEVER called you a name. There is no way our company could survive for 5 years on a forum and have such widespread support if we went around calling people names.

Secondly, I answered your questions, and even explained that the aspect ratio is NOT a independent measurement, but a ratio. After all that you continued to ask me if you could put a 20" 35series tire on a Vossen wheel, which is WAY to tall. 275/35-20 is a BMW 7series tire or LS460 tire. I answered your question about 5 times, if you choose not to believe me because another vendor told you a tall tale that's not my concern. I can't make you believe what you don't want to.

You see this is the problem with vendors that subscribe to the "yesyesyes" sales approach. They answer yes to EVERYTHING to get a sale, then they have to jury rig, or sell you something that doesn't fit. I believe in saving time and face by giving the honest answer. The tough part is, we end up looking like the "bad guys" because we don't tell the same BS story just to get a quick sale.

Now, would you rather me give u the bad news that you have to run a lower profile than you wanted, or would you prefer I sell you something I KNOW doesn't fit wheel and it rubs like hell, just to turn a quick buck? We don't do that here.

I'm sorry others have lied to you, but we tell the truth and support people so they can buy wheels and be happy. Not make a sale once and you hate us.

If I can respectfully and with no malice make a small point, I'd appreciate it. Its ironic that the complaints about our service come from people that we never sold anything to. Yet our customers consistently rave about our service.

I can assure you we strive to have good customer service and if you were a to purchase a set of wheels you would see that. Are we perfect and everything we do is 105% flawless? NO, but we strive to support our customers and that's the part they appreciate. Its the reason we sell 3 and 4 sets of wheels to the same person over the course of the years.
Old 10-08-08, 06:01 PM
rac2max
Driver

There are FOUR posts right under my first post saying that they also experienced the same kind of service you provided to me. That is enough evidence to prove one thing and that is your ppl don't know the definition of service.

I'd called to Wheelfire (spoke w/ Brad) and Need4Speed (spoke w/ Edwin) to inquire about many sets of wheel. They are very courteous and patient when answering any of my questions. Believe me when I said that I am very **** before deciding to buy a set of wheel. BUT NOT ONCE that they give me a feeling that they don't want my business. NOW THAT IS SERVICE.

Of course, you don't call names in front of me. You called me "MORON" when you were just about to hang up the phone. Fortunately, I held the phone long enough to know what kind of place d2autosport is.

Let keep this plain and simple....YOUR SHOP WILL NEVER HAVE MY BUSINESS OR ANYONE I KNOW.

Last edited by rac2max; 10-08-08 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-08-08, 06:53 PM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

In the small experience ive had with D2, I can say they were very professional and courteous... EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T EVEN END UP BUYING ANYTHING FROM THEM... but the way they treated me definitely has them on the top of the list of who to deal with in early 09 when i change my wheels.

D2 gets a from me
Old 10-08-08, 07:25 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rac2max
There are FOUR posts right under my first post saying that they also experienced the same kind of service you provided to me. That is enough evidence to prove one thing and that is your ppl don't know the definition of service.

I'd called to Wheelfire (spoke w/ Brad) and Need4Speed (spoke w/ Edwin) to inquire about many sets of wheel. They are very courteous and patient when answering any of my questions. Believe me when I said that I am very **** before deciding to buy a set of wheel. BUT NOT ONCE that they give me a feeling that they don't want my business. NOW THAT IS SERVICE.

Of course, you don't call names in front of me. You called me "MORON" when you were just about to hang up the phone. Fortunately, I held the phone long enough to know what kind of place d2autosport is.

Let keep this plain and simple....YOUR SHOP WILL NEVER HAVE MY BUSINESS OR ANYONE I KNOW.
I'm going to start where you ended, I would love to earn your business, but I will not do so by lying or by insulting anyone.

You say that 4 people posted agreeing with you, but I can find over 10 or 20 times that many posts of people saying excellent things about our company, so lets just keep this issue between the 2 parties involved.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, AT NO TIME DID I CALL YOU A NAME, BEFORE DURING OR AFTER OUR CONVERSATION. Now I frequently carry on 2 or 3 conversations at once so perhaps you caught another conversation I was having, I don't know.

As far as you talking with other shops I can totally respect that, but here's where we are different.

You have already said that you will NEVER buy anything from D2, and I will still offer you the same advice I did today. However is telling you to put a 275/35-20 tire on a 20" wheel for your car is going to have you rubbing like hell bro.

We can respectfully agree to disagree, and you never purchase anything from us as you said, but at least I know, I told you the truth, explained aspect ratios and gave you sound advice.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse, and I truly say all these things with no mal-intent towards you. Best of luck with your wheel search, and have a great evening.
Old 10-08-08, 07:43 PM
LexFather

rac2max, reviewing your post, D2 is 100% correct here. The tire size you want won't fit on a GS, let alone an IS. As he stated and many of us O.Gs recognize there is a lot of bad information out there and people with no ethics.

He also denies calling you any name.

Since he's answered and you have as well, I will close this as it will only turn into an internet fight.

I am sure if you or anyone PMd D2 or called them, things would be straightened out.

Thanks