Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Browsing Forum Topics Autoloads Banner Ads in Same Window

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-08 | 12:28 PM
bobbynoise
Driver School Candidate

Default Browsing Forum Topics Autoloads Banner Ads in Same Window

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a weird problem with this site and I'm just wondering if it has something to do with my pc. While within a thread in the 2IS forum, the page would suddenly change to a banner ad oriented at the top and left-aligned. The banner ad is the only thing that shows on the page. Hitting the 'back' button on my browser will load the previous page which then loads the banner once again.

Is this a new mechanism of the site or should I be running some browser scanning software?

Last edited by bobbynoise; 10-13-08 at 12:29 PM. Reason: corrected title
Old 10-13-08 | 12:48 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

If I get what you're describing, we don't have any 'independent' pop up ads on our forum. Only the ads at the borders of the page and always with the content in the center.

I'd suggest a couple of things.... run an adware scanner (like ad-aware or spybot search and destroy) if you don't already do so. Secondarily I'd delete your internet explorer cookies / cache in case something is corrupted.

If those don't work, I'd ask for you to try to take a screen shot of what you're seeing to post if you can.
Old 10-14-08 | 03:40 PM
bobbynoise
Driver School Candidate

seems to be a problem with my computer. I'm on another computer and so far so good!
Old 10-14-08 | 08:16 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

always wondered how do you take a screen shot?
Old 10-15-08 | 09:54 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I use a tool called snag-it usually, but you can use the windows prt scr function to copy a picture of your browser to your clipboard, then save / size it in MS-paint. Just google screen capture or screen shot for how.