Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Request to consider moderation changes in member classifieds

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-08, 04:11 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Request to consider moderation changes in member classifieds

Hi All,
I'll preface my remarks by saying I like the job the moderator team does here overall. I have noticed in member classifieds that there are quite a few posts in sellers' threads saying things like, "you're asking too much" and "you'll have to find a sucker to get that price." These comments are from people who are not even looking to buy the item and they are not making an offer regardless of the price.

Here is an example of such a thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=384977

I am not selling anything here presently. I just don't like to see this because it is disrespectful of the seller and these out of left field comments are just unqualified opinions. Club4AG has allowed their classifieds section to deteriorate into a similar state. I am suggesting that you review you approach to moderating the member classifieds section so the same does not happen here.

Thank you for listening.

Matt
Old 10-19-08, 05:27 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Matt,

Agreed - we've already got a draft of that written up to be included in our next rules release.

We generally call it "No thread crapping" but I think I came up with a better term than that for the formal rules
Old 10-19-08, 09:05 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Cool, thanks Dave. I am glad and not surprised you guys are on it. Thank you for the response.
Old 10-20-08, 09:14 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

You're welcome. We're going to roll those out in the next couple of months along with some additional setup for newly joined members to help reduce some of the spamming we get on the forums.