Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Logging into forums

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-09, 01:16 AM
acl15
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Logging into forums

I frequent many forums and normally I've always been logged in, regardless if I closed firefox or turned off my computer. But now... for some reason... I have to log in every time I restart firefox and it's proved to be such a hassle.

What can I do to make it so that I'm always logged in from this computer?

Many thanks in advance!!

ps I just remembered that it's also an issue with my gmail and google account (my search preferences are reverted back to default every time I start up firefox).
Old 02-09-09, 06:52 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,270 Likes on 1,378 Posts

We save your login via a cookie so make sure cookies are enabled for this site.

Sometimes they get corrupted so you may want to close all browser windows except one, log out of CL, go to some other site like google, delete your browser cache / cookies and then log back in (clicking the save box when you do).
Old 02-12-09, 07:58 PM
paradox
Rookie

If you upgraded to the lastest version of Firefox, I believe the default is for all your private date -cookies, browsing history etc- to be deleted whenever you close your browser.
In Firefox, go to Tools --> Options --> Click on the "Privacy" tab, and verify if "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" is selected. If it is, that's the issue. Either deselect it (don't recommend this), or click on the "Settings" radio button to the immediate right of it, and deselect "Cache," "Cookies," and "Browsing History" (the third is if you'd like to click on the drop down menu in the browser's address bar and still have recently visited websites displayed). Hopefully, this should do the trick for you.
Old 02-14-09, 03:23 PM
acl15
Lead Lap

I deleted the cache and everything, but logging back into sites only prompts to remember the login info in the username/password boxes but doesn't keep me logged into gmail or forums after closing firefox. My privacy options under tools are set so that it doesn't clear any of my cookies. This started happening after I updated firefox..
Old 02-16-09, 09:07 PM
paradox
Rookie

I just tested this.... With "Cache," "Cookies," and "Browsing History" deselected in Settings, under the "Privacy" tab, I was able to close Firefox and reopen to CL without logging back into the Forums, as well as my Gmail account.
I'm running Firefox 3.0.6.