Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Lexus factory IS350 wheels for sale - need 'voucher'

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-09, 05:48 PM
damascus
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Lexus factory IS350 wheels for sale - need 'voucher'

Hi all,

I've been a CL member since May 2008. I have not posted much at all... I really enjoy reading and learning all things Lexus.

I have a fantastic set of the staggered IS350 factory wheels for sale but cannot post on the wheels-for-sale board due to low postings. (see rule 15 below)

I find it funny that I have a set of wheels that the CL enthusiasts would really enjoy having and I cannot post here. I am a completely trustworthy person - and I know that I could be anyone on the web - but I believe that intelligent adults should be able to communicate and work out a safe sale without a 'voucher'.

Any advice on how to post with a low thread count is appreciated. Thank you.

15. New members (either recent joiners by date or few posts) selling high dollar items may have their threads closed or removed due to the risk to our members. High dollar items are generally those over $500 but may be defined by moderator's discretion. New members selling high dollar items should be prepared or proactive in offering references from other CL members who know them, on other forums, etc. and have them immediately post publicly in your thread.

Vouchers are expected to personally know the member you're vouching for and will need to commit to be personally involved if there is any issue with the sale or product being sold.
Old 03-18-09, 06:08 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,401 Posts

The easiest way for a 'low post count' member to get a voucher is to look up local meets in our regional and club forums, get to know some of the more established CL members and show them the parts they're selling. Your posts look as if you bought the wheels from a member here, you can ask them for a vouch as well.

We have that rule because over time dozens of our forum members have been ripped off by other members who aren't really part of our community or just walk away from problems with a transaction.

Originally Posted by damascus
I am a completely trustworthy person - and I know that I could be anyone on the web - but I believe that intelligent adults should be able to communicate and work out a safe sale without a 'voucher'.
Some of these people created Club Lexus accounts that look just like yours for the purpose of cheating someone out of their money and every single one of them would say they are a completely trustworthy person . Intelligent adults would ask for some sort of secure transacton guarantee which you realisitically cannot provide.

This rule is not personal and its not "funny", it's for the safety of our members. You have lots of other alternatives to sell them if you can't live with it- ebay, craigslist, swap meet etc.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-18-09 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-20-09, 12:09 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

theres a BIG meet going on in MD on the 28th. check the NELOC forum for more information.