Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

How Long to wait for a Classified to be Approved ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-09, 11:12 AM
jlast
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Long to wait for a Classified to be Approved ?

Posted a ad several places but here it is still waiting for approval, 5 days now still no response.

over a dozen hits from 3 other sites, and unfortantely will probably be sold elsewhere cause waiting for approval is too slow and unnessary.

Curious for future reference, I have alot of stuff to sell thought this place would be viable place to help fellow owners with items BUT the ads will not get approved, or some site politics holds the process up not sure of the sites worth in selling here. members lose out.
Old 04-16-09, 12:16 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Hi - it isn't site politics that are the hold up, it's the classified forum rule that you didn't follow.

You must not have read them before you posted your items for sale despite our best effort at drawing attention with a catchy title like " ★★★★★ Classified Forum Rules - MUST READ BEFORE POSTING ITEMS FOR SALE ★★★★★".

The '#4 high dollar sales' rule for new members is all about you. Let's also be real here - the person you're helping out most is yourself by using our forum to sell your stuff for free.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-for-sale.html
4. High dollar sales. Members who have recently joined our forum or those members with less than 300 posts (regardless of join date) who post high dollar items for sale may have their threads closed or removed due to the increased risk to our members. High dollar items are generally those over $500 but may be set lower based on our classifieds moderator teams discretion. All members selling high dollar items should be prepared and proactive in offering references from other CL members who know them, on other forums, etc. This is referred to as a 'vouch', and the voucher must post directly and publicly in your for sale thread.
Nothing personal or political in our approval rules... just too many ripoffs from other folks who also claim they are stopping by 'just to help fellow owners' who aren't part of our community, have no intention to do anything but sell their parts and have nothing stopping them from walking away from a sale with someone's money.

I invite you to be part of CL as an enthusiast first for a while, then after you become a known contributing member you can sell some items. Or if selling is the only thing you're after, I suggest you go ahead and focus on the ads in the other places you mention. Best of luck either way.
Old 04-21-09, 05:13 PM
jlast
Driver School Candidate

I did read them "moderator teams discretion" I havent received any notice nor was the ad posted ? Several days now, it is something they just do monthly so then everyone would have to wait to find out, or is no notice ever sent out ( LMAO )??

didnt get removed or closed, never posted

Since the package is consisitently posted over the proposed $500 area, I expected anykind of notice within a day or so, but nothing still at now over a week i never would have imagined.

$500 item is considered high priced ? less then a set of tires, let alone
50k+ vehicle.

lexus site, anyone with a lexus, or simliar toy items would be your community, poster, lurker or none member still your community. Not sure
why the distinct seperation (discrimination)

What is the most popular forum here ? classifieds, if it was such an issue why do you have them still up ? then again i see the adverts, so not only am i helping this place but also helping members here. Dont flatter yourself this place doesnt sell a single item, the seller does by visting and listing, one but not the only. LMAO.

sidenote,
300 posts is beyond excessive, encourages post *****s with no actual worth to the posts.
Old 04-21-09, 05:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, my response above was the notice that your post was not going to be approved. As I mentioned above, I reviewed your post and it did not meet our forum requirements. You ignored our rules and I deleted it as soon as I reviewed it.

The most popular forum is not the classifieds - it's the Lexus model forums by a long shot.... you can tell that easily by looking at the number of posts from the main page.

Yes, we discrimate against fly-by-night posters whose only purpose is to make a buck off our members without contributing and pose a significant risk. With a voucher, we sometimes allow members with less posts to sell higher dollar items items.

jlast, your sole purpose in being here is to sell stuff and you entered obiviously fake information in your profile... no name, bogus zip code, etc. I'm sorry you don't agree with our rules, but they developed over time to protect our members and your (obviously biased) viewpoint doesn't really carry any weight with me and I don't care to waste any additional time justifying them to you. Sell your stuff elsewhere.
Old 05-05-09, 12:36 AM
jlast
Driver School Candidate

response above my notice ? that was like 6 days after i posted the ad, nothing was sent to me when it was not approved ! any reason why ??

I did not ignore the rules, I followed them 100% to how they are layed out
in the rules. and i will quote it again as it was overlooked when i posted it
below "moderator teams discretion" TEAM never said anything to me. Now you mentioned you deleted it, so now there is No "TEAM" ?

LMAO quick buck, so you have members looking for the parts, but its the sellers problem to cut thier losses or make a little money by selling to them ? ( literally WTB ads is why i decided to signup rather then lurk still, to list a few items)

voucher, retarded. I do not keep track of who or what i have sold to whom, rarely do i keep track of who i bought something from. Can be no one here, could be 1000 + people here, who knows who cares. Green
comes in green goes out, try to keep on the + side at all times, the rest is worthless info.

obviously fake, well hell YES, same with EVERY none secured online ANYTHING anywhere, no numbers, no specifc written email addresses. Spammers & hackers paradise, no reason for any of my info to be at risk, down to simplest things like my favorite color. < which is a secured site question, simply not worth the risk. same way everywhere and since the dawn of time.

Sold 7 items since i tried to post this one item here, Members here lost out on few thousand dollars and i sold them cheap to move them.

but the funny thing is, THEY could be members here how the hell would i know, LMAO. ask them to vouch for me. ha ha ha