Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

READING posts-preferences

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-09, 03:14 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Default READING posts-preferences

Is there an option or setup or account setting that we can select for READING threads? What I'm getting at is-----if there is a thread that is 10 pages long, and I read all 10 pages, the thread (when viewed on the ALL THREADS page is not in BOLD TYPE anymore. It is in NORMAL TYPE. If there are new messages posted on that thread, I'd like the system to jump automatically to the FIRST NEW message...so in the case above, the thread will be BOLD indicating a new message was posted. I want to click on the bold title, and have it automatically jump 9 pages and go to the 10th page, which has the new message on it.

Before you say, duh, just click on the 10 at the bottom of the thread to get to your first unread post, I would have no idea of keeping track of how many pages each thread has.

Example, the thread of POSTING PICS OF YOUR DROPPED LS has like 39 pages...the thread of REPLACING REAR CENTER MOUNT BRAKE LIGHT has like 8 pages..the thread of DOUBLE LIPPED RIMS has 219 pages, etc.

I don't want to start at page 1 and click ahead 216 pages to get to the 217th page which has MY first unread message!

Obviously it's not a big deal if the thread only has 1 or 2 or 3 pages...but anything after that, it gets REALLY annoying clicking up on the pages!!!

I know the system isn't smart enough to know exactly what MESSAGE I have read, but the system is smart enough to know if I have clicked through all the pages WITHIN A THREAD.

Am I just ****-retentive or do you guys understand what I'm describing??? Being LS owners, there has GOT to be some really ****-retetentives like ME on here!
Old 04-30-09, 05:19 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Not quite sure what you're asking here but can direct you to the only place you will find any options related to what you're looking for. Make sure you have cookies enabled for this website as well.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...do=editoptions
Old 04-30-09, 10:29 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Hi Dave. Thanks for the advice. There is SO much more to this site than I first realized. I am spending a LOT of time here. I'm finding new features every day. Thanks for your assistance!

Ara