Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

So Cal T-Shirt's Where Are You?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-09, 05:16 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy So Cal T-Shirt's Where Are You?!

So Cal T-Shirt's Where Are You?!

Last we heard about this supposed pet project was from JavyLSU on May 18th!

Originally Posted by javyLSU
We needed to gauge the number of shirts to be ordered as well as the distribution of sizes, so that's why this thread was put up. The "ordering" thread will be up soon.
What is the status, what is going on, and what is the reason for the month long wait? We have all been waiting patiently, and yet there have been no updates!

If/When this thread gets locked, it will be a message to all those CL members interested in the shirt that I designed, has fallen through the cracks, and that both Flipper and/or Javy simply don't have the capacity to handle such an undertaking.

If that is the case, then I will take it upon myself to further this endeavor by providing the shirts to you in the same manor that was told to us earlier.

"Transparent, charging CL members only what the shirt itself cost to produce."

I will do this as a favor to the CL community, seeing that our aforementioned leaders simply have nothing to show after all this time.

If by Monday the 22nd of June there is no response I will get this ball rolling!
Old 06-21-09, 01:01 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Jimmy,

I've PM'ed you about the logo on April 9. It took you several weeks to follow up with me. Your communication between JavyLSU and I has been nil since April 30 just FYI.

Check your PM.
Old 06-21-09, 10:53 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
Jimmy,

I've PM'ed you about the logo on April 9. It took you several weeks to follow up with me. Your communication between JavyLSU and I has been nil since April 30 just FYI.

Check your PM.
I think you might have fallen down and bumped your head Ryan, because I emailed you the logo on April 17th. I fail to see how 8 days can be misconstrued as "several weeks"? Can you please explain yourself?

Thank you for the follow up after discovering this thread, as this should be public information.

Jimmy,

I haven't heard from you directly via PM or Email since April 30 but I was notified of your post in the site suggestions forum. Just to refresh, it took you a while to send us the logo after my PM to you originally on April 7. You sent your bogus logo email a few weeks after then eventually sending the real file shortly after that. I have created this poll https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...rt-sizing.html to help guage what sizes we need.

I've already sourced another shirt company to print them and should have pricing for me on Monday. I forwarded your logo file shortly after you e-mailed them to me back on April 20. Unfortunately our contacts at Turn3 have been somewhat disconnected since their transition so we've elected someone else. You will be one of the first to be notified once we have a target date for ordering.

Thanks,
Ryan
Why would you need to hear from me after I sent a working .eps file? My part of this collaboration was completed, and the rest was your responsibility. I designed the logo, won the contest first and second place, then gave you the file shortly after.

I didn't feel it necessary to babysit the process as I was under the impression you we're holding up your end of the deal. In hindsight, I should have been a little more encouraging to you via PM, maybe that might have prevented this long delay.

I appreciate your attempt at being civil with this contact. Your positive attitude is a welcome change from last we spoke. If you needed help with the ordering process, as in Turn3 lagging, you should have turned to me, as I have contacts in the t-shirt business.

Thank you so much for taking on a huge project like this Ryan, I know it's a lot, and it must take a lot out of you to have this burden. If I can help you with expediting this collaboration in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me.

-Jimmy
Old 06-22-09, 12:49 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by emoshun
I think you might have fallen down and bumped your head Ryan, because I emailed you the logo on April 17th. I fail to see how 8 days can be misconstrued as "several weeks"? Can you please explain yourself?
I actually PM'ed you originally on 04-07-09, 09:17 PM to send me a EPS file to my email address. You sent me a your email on 4-16-09 with your advanced royalty demand stunt attached to it. Then you sent me a real email with the eps file of the logo on 4-17-09. My mistake, it was several days from my request for you to relenquish your logo. Considering you already had the logo designed and ready to go, why did it take you 10 days to send one over when it only took you a few moments to design several different shirt logos in a matter of a few minutes?

Thank you for the follow up after discovering this thread, as this should be public information.

Why would you need to hear from me after I sent a working .eps file? My part of this collaboration was completed, and the rest was your responsibility. I designed the logo, won the contest first and second place, then gave you the file shortly after.
I sent the working eps file shortly there after to our sources. As aforementioned to you in an email and by JavyLSU, there had been some changes in management which has ultimately delayed the processing. We've created a thread poll to gauge how many shirts we needed to order. I had a set target date to close the voting on June 1st, but it had been closed at at earlier time not by me. This never established a set date for production.

I didn't feel it necessary to babysit the process as I was under the impression you we're holding up your end of the deal. In hindsight, I should have been a little more encouraging to you via PM, maybe that might have prevented this long delay.
There is no need to babysit as you've already done your part. You've contributed to making a logo which was ultimately voted the winner by those who made their votes. We greatly appreciate your time and effort. Just to reiterate, there was never any SET deadline to have these shirts made or processed as we did say that we would update everyone as any news came.

I appreciate your attempt at being civil with this contact. Your positive attitude is a welcome change from last we spoke. If you needed help with the ordering process, as in Turn3 lagging, you should have turned to me, as I have contacts in the t-shirt business.

Thank you so much for taking on a huge project like this Ryan, I know it's a lot, and it must take a lot out of you to have this burden. If I can help you with expediting this collaboration in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me.

-Jimmy
We appreciate your contribution and offer to the community. As we are in progress with shirt manufacturing, we will be working on getting the pricing out to the members as soon as we're able. Because CL is a voluntary effort for all of the CL Mods and Staff, many of us have regular careers to attend to first. Some don't have the luxury of babysitting this thread or any other thread here on CL, but i'm glad there are a few individuals that do. I'm glad you're enthusiasm for this project is high, but your patience would greatly be appreciated at this time. We shall move forward at this time to get this project into fruitation.

Thanks
R.

Last edited by flipside909; 06-22-09 at 01:24 AM.
Old 06-22-09, 02:17 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

I actually PM'ed you originally on 04-07-09, 09:17 PM to send me a EPS file to my email address. You sent me a your email on 4-16-09 with your advanced royalty demand stunt attached to it. Then you sent me a real email with the eps file of the logo on 4-17-09. My mistake, it was several days from my request for you to relenquish your logo. Considering you already had the logo designed and ready to go, why did it take you 10 days to send one over when it only took you a few moments to design several different shirt logos in a matter of a few minutes?
You're seriously asking me about 10 days, guy I'm asking you about the past 65 days...wow!

First you went off saying I took SEVERAL WEEKS, that was actually 8 DAYS, now you're curious about 10 days?

I sent the working eps file shortly there after to our sources. As aforementioned to you in an email and by JavyLSU, there had been some changes in management which has ultimately delayed the processing. We've created a thread poll to gauge how many shirts we needed to order. I had a set target date to close the voting on June 1st, but it had been closed at at earlier time not by me. This never established a set date for production.
Nor was any date implied by myself or member of the CL staff. We're simply waiting on you, and still are.

There is no need to babysit as you've already done your part. You've contributed to making a logo which was ultimately voted the winner by those who made their votes. We greatly appreciate your time and effort. Just to reiterate, there was never any SET deadline to have these shirts made or processed as we did say that we would update everyone as any news came.
Maybe there should have been, to avoid to 55+ day wait, just a thought!

We appreciate your contribution and offer to the community. As we are in progress with shirt manufacturing, we will be working on getting the pricing out to the members as soon as we're able. Because CL is a voluntary effort for all of the CL Mods and Staff, many of us have regular careers to attend to first. Some don't have the luxury of babysitting this thread or any other thread here on CL, but i'm glad there are a few individuals that do. I'm glad you're enthusiasm for this project is high, but your patience would greatly be appreciated at this time. We shall move forward at this time to get this project into fruitation.

Thanks
R.
Spending time on CL is a luxury as you can imagine all of us have careers.

Babysitting threads isn't something anyone should feel the need to do, as you most definitely can understand this with your 14,000+ posts.

-Jimmy
Old 06-22-09, 05:31 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

OK guys, you can take this to PM. I will remind you as I have in the past these shirts were to be made to bring the community closer TOGETHER and not push it apart.

I have to say I'm very disappointed in the negative approach to "call out" you've taken Jimmy as well as the personal pot shots in your post above.