Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

WTF is this (BLEEP)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-09, 11:25 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts
Default WTF is this (BLEEP)

ok i bought a shirt from this gb

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...group-buy.html

and now all of a sudden i get a letter at work from transunion (a credit watch bureau) for equifax,experian, transunion.
saying and i quote

"this letter us to notify you of a data security compromise that may have resulted in unauthorized access to certain information about the credit card account you used to purchase goods on a website hosted by NETWORK SOLITIONS LLC. this letter also outlines the measures that are being taken-and the steps you should take-to protect your information."

if anyone needs to report a fraud monitoring activity you can call these #'s from the pages

equifax
1-800-525-6285
experian
1-8888-397-3742
transunion
1-800-680-7289

this is so freaking bumpkis man.....
Old 08-13-09, 11:39 AM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, Network Solutions, our web host and it's servers may have been compromised from a certain period of time.

Here is an article:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-10296817-245.html

They have gone the full extent to offer credit protection & monitoring to anyone involved for FREE. These types of events are out of our hands and unfortunately it happened to our customers...
Old 08-13-09, 12:07 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LuxuryMods
Unfortunately, Network Solutions, our web host and it's servers may have been compromised from a certain period of time.

Here is an article:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-10296817-245.html

They have gone the full extent to offer credit protection & monitoring to anyone involved for FREE. These types of events are out of our hands and unfortunately it happened to our customers...
i know i saw that and not once have i blamed you'll. the letter stated it was networks solutions problem BUT you forget i purchased through YOU'LL and it was through YOUR web host.

and your right they did go through alot to help us EXCEPT i dont appreciate that im JUST NOW HEARING BOUT THIS, I JUST GOT A LETTER TODAY from a transaction from 04/21/09 thats a tad bit old to JUST be hearing about this and obviously you'll new about it already so thanks for letting us as a club know so we could protect ourselves, that i dont appreciate sir.

now so far i havent been affected by it but i dont appreciate the hassle of hanving to change cards/call credit bureau's, etc, etc

and again since you already knew bout this you really let us down by not letting us know again so we could protect ourselves

Last edited by sakataj; 08-13-09 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-13-09, 12:16 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sakataj
i know i saw that and not once have i blamed you'll. the letter stated it was networks solutions problem BUT you forget i purchased through YOU'LL and it was through YOUR web host.

and your right they did go through alot to help us EXCEPT i dont appreciate that im JUST NOW HEARING BOUT THIS, I JUST GOT A LETTER TODAY from a transaction from 04/21/09 thats a tad bit old to JUST be hearing about this and obviously you'll new about it already so thanks for letting us as a club know so we could protect ourselves, that i dont appreciate sir.

now so far i havent been affected by it but i dont appreciate the hassle of hanving to change cards/call credit bureau's, etc, etc

and again since you already knew bout this you really let us down by not letting us know again so we could protect ourselves
No no, we found out not much sooner than you. I was made aware of this maybe 3-4 days ago. We also received a letter stating the problem. The recommended plan of action was to have the credit bureau contact you on our behalf to clear things up.

Again, our apologies for all the hassle that you may have to go through. This is an unfortunate event and we offer any help we can provide. Please email/PM me directly. Thank you for understanding.
Old 08-13-09, 12:37 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

I ordered a shirt through you web site also.. but no letter. Does that mean I am not affected?
Old 08-13-09, 12:48 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GSJake
I ordered a shirt through you web site also.. but no letter. Does that mean I am not affected?
Exposure varied by merchant, but in all cases it took place sometime between March 12, 2009 and June 8, 2009. Again this is quite frustrating for us and I'm sure for you, the consumer as well. It's just one of those things that occur when shopping online, it can happen anywhere/anytime.

For more information, please visit: http://www.careandprotect.com/
Old 08-13-09, 01:58 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

No no, we found out not much sooner than you. I was made aware of this maybe 3-4 days ago.
but still didnt let us know...that woulda been nice don't you think? i mean i know by now its been so long 3-4 days wouldnt really matter but if you had come forward and let us know it woulda been much more appreciated

Last edited by sakataj; 08-13-09 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-13-09, 02:07 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

No no, we found out not much sooner than you. I was made aware of this maybe 3-4 days ago. QUOTE]

but still didnt let us know...that woulda been nice don't you think? i mean i know by now its been so long 3-4 days wouldnt really matter but if you had come forward and let us know it woulda been much more appreciated
Again, I apologize for not doing that. We were told that you would already be contacted formally from a third party, so we decided not to double the message to you. I see your side of things and if the occasion ever arose again, we will definitely do that.
Old 08-13-09, 02:44 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What about the people who used google checkout to purchase, were they compromised?
Old 08-13-09, 02:46 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sam430
What about the people who used google checkout to purchase, were they compromised?
No, only those that were processed through the website. GoogleCheckout & Paypal should not have been compromised.
Old 08-13-09, 03:18 PM
Trav7414
Intermediate

What the...I got that letter today as well. What are we suppose to do now?
Old 08-13-09, 03:20 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Trav7414
What the...I got that letter today as well. What are we suppose to do now?
This is not as bad as you think it is. However, out of caution, they are offering 1 free year of credit monitoring.

Please read:
http://www.careandprotect.com/customer-info/index.html
Old 08-13-09, 04:33 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm I signed up for the thing, but it wants me to fax in my identification. Are all those steps necessary? What happens if I don't do anything
Old 08-13-09, 04:35 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SCboy
Hmm I signed up for the thing, but it wants me to fax in my identification. Are all those steps necessary? What happens if I don't do anything
You don't to sign up for credit protection. This email was merely a letter informing everyone that their servers were compromised. That does not necessarily mean that anything will happen to your data.

The free credit monitoring is there if you feel you need it.
Old 08-13-09, 04:36 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't to sign up for credit protection. This email was merely a letter informing everyone that their servers were compromised. That does not necessarily mean that anything will happen to your data.

The free credit monitoring is there if you feel you need it.
Oh all right. I'll go change my debit card soon.. just in case. Thanks for the help, Tony.