Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Problems with vendor (resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-09, 12:18 AM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Problems with vendor (resolved)

I wanted everyone to know about a bad experience / issue I’ve been dealing with when doing business with XenonDepot. I ordered a Bi-Xenon kit from them on 7/14/09 for my 1st gen LS and received the kit about two weeks later. After installing the kit, I found the bulbs were made wrong and they lit up the tops of 80 ft. pine trees instead of the road. I contacted Steve and the sales dept. at Xenon Depot on 8/2/09 about the problem and after much prodding, Steve responded to me on 8/7/09.

On 8/7/09 I emailed Steve a picture of the bulbs so he could see for himself if they were made wrong. After getting no response, I requested a return merchandise authorization number (RMA) on August 12th. Steve responded with the RMA info on August 13th.

Steve emailed me on 9/4/09 stating that they had received the bulbs and asked me what I wanted to do. I responded that I wanted him to ship me replacement bulbs that were made correctly.

We’ll, it’s at least seven weeks since they received the defective bulbs back. My last contact with them was on 9/4/09 and after trying many times to contact Steve and their sales dept. since then, no one is responding. They have apparently decided to screw me over.

In the interim, I installed a different set of bi-xenon bulbs that work just fine.

So, just beware that XenonDepot / KBCarstuff may be having some type of business problems and you may want to think twice about ordering from them.

Jim
Old 10-24-09, 12:49 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

first off, that sucks, and wrong forum.

secondly, that's REALLY weird i've dealt with Steve quite a bit and he's always been VERY helpful. it is a bit of a pain to get ahold of him from time to time, but he's always (eventually) responded to any VM's i've left him.
Old 10-24-09, 02:47 AM
Jasbmo
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jim,

Sorry you had a bad experience with them.

However, I too had a great experience with Steve at Xenon Depot. Very responsive and helpful with recommendations.

Unfortunately, my foglight retrofit project has had 0 progress in the last year so I just have all the wiring hanging out in my car (not literally).
Old 10-24-09, 03:07 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have had a great experience with Steve. I called with a few questions before my order and he personally answered the phone on the second ring. I think you may be one of the exceptions to the rule and fell through the cracks. . The few people that had problems with xenon depot that i have seen on CL received part of a bad batch of bulbs and were taken care of fast after speaking up about it. Maybe you can ask for a partial refund, I'm sure he will make things right with you. Make sure you call him though.
Old 11-09-09, 03:31 PM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Update to this... Steve got back to me and rectified the problem with my kit. He sent me out a complete new kit and issued me a $50 credit to my PayPal account.

Thanks
Old 11-09-09, 05:56 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

good stuff
Old 11-09-09, 06:23 PM
Jasbmo
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's awesome. Knew you'd be satisfied.
Old 11-10-09, 01:32 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great, I knew things would be ok! By the way are they installed yet? How is the performance?