Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

WARNING about buying from TM Engineering - VERY poor communication (not a CL vendor)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-10, 05:57 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by handzilla
Sweetness! Just got my Control Arm Bushings from Sewell!!!! now I await the steering rack bushings. I guess I'll have to order the sways when they get 'em back in stock.
Congrats....
Old 01-14-10, 08:28 AM
cfran400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default File a complaint with the BBB

After one month with no response, I filed a complaint with the BBB in that area. he then responded that he has been waiting on me to send him measurements for the control arm, this is after he had sent the same shipping notice he sends to everyone. I would advise every member who have not received their parts or worst, who have not gotten any response to their repeated emails, to file a complaint with the BBB, so they can see that that this is a pastern of behavior. This my make him operate in a credible. If I don't get my refund in a few days I will call my Bank next.
Old 01-14-10, 11:04 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by cfran400
After one month with no response, I filed a complaint with the BBB in that area. he then responded that he has been waiting on me to send him measurements for the control arm, this is after he had sent the same shipping notice he sends to everyone. I would advise every member who have not received their parts or worst, who have not gotten any response to their repeated emails, to file a complaint with the BBB, so they can see that that this is a pastern of behavior. This my make him operate in a credible. If I don't get my refund in a few days I will call my Bank next.
THis was my next step if i didn't receive them..It still took 3 weeks.. Sorry to hear about your service..
Old 01-15-10, 06:39 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Still nothing from TM lol. Emailed yet again. This is sad

I now have both my CA Bushings as well as my Steering Rack bushings from SEWELL

A+++++ To sewell
Old 01-15-10, 06:48 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by j stuff

A+++++ To sewell
Yea Sewell is really great with customer service and getting your order out in a timely fashion.. Get your money from TM..
Old 01-15-10, 07:21 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

went ahead and ordered the sway bar bushing from sewell too. Even though its backordered ill take it when i can get it.
Old 01-15-10, 08:24 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

went ahead and ordered the sway bar bushing from sewell too. Even though its backordered ill take it when i can get it.
Thats good at least your on the list.. I'm sure it won't take that long.. I'll be ordering my ball joints from them real soon as well..
Old 01-15-10, 08:53 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

I ordered my bjs from them, prompt as always and much better price than what the dealer here asked for it. My local lexus specialty repair shop buys their parts from sewell! I saw the sewell parts website on the computer in their parts dept! lol

BJ install took my friend about 15 minutes to do each side. I asked him how much do i owe him, he just asked to keep the tool i bought which was $12 bux

Local lexus dealer wanted about 280 for labor only
Old 01-15-10, 09:19 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

I ordered my bjs from them, prompt as always and much better price than what the dealer here asked for it. My local lexus specialty repair shop buys their parts from sewell! I saw the sewell parts website on the computer in their parts dept! lol

BJ install took my friend about 15 minutes to do each side. I asked him how much do i owe him, he just asked to keep the tool i bought which was $12 bux

Local lexus dealer wanted about 280 for labor only
U got out of it pretty cheap LOL.. I still need a few things BJ's and tie rods..

Already have all the other bushings from Daizen..
Old 01-16-10, 11:28 AM
silvergs79
Rookie

A+++++ To sewell
glad u finally got it bro i been seeing u have been hella patient now since u got urz from sewell ima try there right now!
Old 01-16-10, 04:46 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by silvergs79
glad u finally got it bro i been seeing u have been hella patient now since u got urz from sewell ima try there right now!
How long have you been waiting?
Old 01-18-10, 01:50 PM
pharcyde
Driver School Candidate

If you guys check out TM and Daizen's websites its pretty obvious that they are both the same company. Its no coincidence that both companys cannot be contacted, TM is Daizens main distributor, and both websites are even using the same pictures. Daizen uses TM so that they can sell directly to customers without upsetting their other dealers. So they're basically taking orders directly from retail customers, then selling what limited inventory they have to their dealers like Sewell. Obviously Daizen/TM is just interested in the quick buck and have no intention in fulfilling their obligations to those that have already paid. Customers that have already sent their money are now last on the list. Shady BS company like I said before.

Last edited by pharcyde; 01-18-10 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-18-10, 04:59 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

daizen is not to blame. TM is run by a couple of shady people who don't like to uphold their end of the deal once payment is recieved.

I've done business with them twice now and both times I had to threaten legal action and demand a full refund before my parts arrived.

Sewell or carson is the best way to go.
Old 01-18-10, 05:14 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
daizen is not to blame. TM is run by a couple of shady people who don't like to uphold their end of the deal once payment is recieved.

I've done business with them twice now and both times I had to threaten legal action and demand a full refund before my parts arrived.

Sewell or carson is the best way to go.
Totally agreed.. Sewell and Carson will get my business from now on..
Old 01-18-10, 08:46 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Yep this is pretty bad, ive sent a total of about 6 emails to TM that have gone unanswered.

I dont understand how a company like that stays in business. I think its just unaware people that keep purchasing and them have to do chargebacks

Last edited by j stuff; 01-18-10 at 08:49 PM.

Quick Reply: WARNING about buying from TM Engineering - VERY poor communication (not a CL vendor)