Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

WARNING about buying from TM Engineering - VERY poor communication (not a CL vendor)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-10, 11:24 PM
lexo98
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 235 Posts
Default Trip to TM engineering

Last thursday I took a trip to TM in Carson. The name of the business isn't on the building anymore. There was an older SC300 with TM plates on it, but there where old phone books in front like someone hadn't been there in a while. The car looked like it's been sitting too.
Old 01-19-10, 01:57 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by lexo98
Last thursday I took a trip to TM in Carson. The name of the business isn't on the building anymore. There was an older SC300 with TM plates on it, but there where old phone books in front like someone hadn't been there in a while. The car looked like it's been sitting too.
Those aren't good signs unfortunately.. I feel for the guys who been waiting 3 + months.. We expect a compan like this to come through and they didn't. Pi** poor service if you ask me..
Old 01-19-10, 09:47 AM
handzilla
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this morning I got my steering rack bushings from sewell! I ordered up the sway bar bushings from them also last week. the site said they were in stock at the time and a couple days later, but now it looks like they're not even listed. no worries dealing with sewell tho.

on the TM side of things I called my bank and they said to looks for a credit in 1-2 days. things are coming together!
Old 01-19-10, 11:44 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by handzilla
this morning I got my steering rack bushings from sewell! I ordered up the sway bar bushings from them also last week. the site said they were in stock at the time and a couple days later, but now it looks like they're not even listed. no worries dealing with sewell tho.

on the TM side of things I called my bank and they said to looks for a credit in 1-2 days. things are coming together!
Glad your getting your credit back.. others should follow suite. 3 + months is way to long.. Yea I don't even see the Daizen bushings on Sewell site
Old 01-19-10, 06:21 PM
silvergs79
Rookie

ya no kidding tm is junk..!!! only would refer to enemy haha
Old 01-19-10, 08:28 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GOOD NEWS regarding sway bar bushings.

They are listed as OUT OF STOCK at the Sewell site but I ordered them anyways and put a note to darrel that I will take them whenever they are in stock again.

I ordered a few days ago and the Sway Bar Bushings arrived!! I think they are in stock but they have not updated the site. Anyone that needs these, go for it!

Last edited by j stuff; 01-19-10 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-19-10, 08:35 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Im going to do a chargeback on the charges from TM soon. I am also going to file a complaint with the BBB and the state if possible. I want to gather as many people as possible to join in on this and let others be aware.

I used to be a billing manager at an internet company and American Express wouldnt let us process any amex cc's due to the large amount of chargebacks. I wonder if visa and mastercard do the same thing. If enough people do a chargeback it mite send a red flag to them
Old 01-20-10, 01:27 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why anyone of you guys order from there is beyond me. There is no contact number, which is a red flag. Plus, it looks like their email and customer service is about as awesome as Enrons.

I ordered my rack bushing from Sewell 2 weeks ago when they weren’t in stock. I just received them yesterday.

TM = No
Sewell = Yes.
Old 01-20-10, 01:38 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by McKrevice
Why anyone of you guys order from there is beyond me. There is no contact number, which is a red flag. Plus, it looks like their email and customer service is about as awesome as Enrons.

I ordered my rack bushing from Sewell 2 weeks ago when they weren’t in stock. I just received them yesterday.

TM = No
Sewell = Yes.

yup my mistake for not doing my homework on this company. I sent TM a long email demanding a refund but if not im just going to do a chargeback dispute with my credit card company, file a complaint with the BBB and file a complaint with every single State of California complaint place i can complain to lol.

Its on like donkey kong. Im pissed off and i will make sure TM will hear of this
Old 01-20-10, 02:32 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not even worth it to threaten a company. If they do not respond to emails for say 7 days, I would file a dispute and let your bank or CC company take care of the rest. Lots of companies put a cap on how long you can file a dispute, and if you exceed that, you’re screwed. Before I got my bushings, I actually went through the list of suppliers and emailed them to see if they had the rack bushings in. TM never responded….and as a matter of fact, besides Sewell, only one other responded.

Not sure why a company would even want this negative publicity. I know sending out an email doesn’t take that long, and for them to not eve give you the courtesy is just bad business.
If you have good results with a company, you may tell one or a few people. If you have bad results, you’ll tell 10 times that amount…or, since we’re on a forum, potentially thousands.
Old 01-20-10, 07:17 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Well with the reputation Daizen has of not churning out bushings to meet demand in time, i was prepared to wait perhaps a few weeks. if it was another item then yea sure 1 week no reply ill cancel but were at the mercy of the only two companies that supply this item.
Old 01-20-10, 10:41 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by j stuff
Well with the reputation Daizen has of not churning out bushings to meet demand in time, i was prepared to wait perhaps a few weeks. if it was another item then yea sure 1 week no reply ill cancel but were at the mercy of the only two companies that supply this item.
Dude I honestly wouldn't even wait a week. You've waited enough time, call your bank already before it is too late.
Old 01-21-10, 07:35 AM
handzilla
Pit Crew

just got my sway bushings this morning from sewell! and got the money TM stole credited to my account in addition to the overdraft fees and interest they caused by being so quick to charge my account before they even had the products. of course they couldn't wait a day.

sigh!

now it's finally time to get these bad boys installed!
Old 01-21-10, 08:12 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by handzilla
just got my sway bushings this morning from sewell! and got the money TM stole credited to my account in addition to the overdraft fees and interest they caused by being so quick to charge my account before they even had the products. of course they couldn't wait a day.

sigh!

now it's finally time to get these bad boys installed!
Glad things are finally coming around and the important thing is you got your money.. Can't wait to get mine installed also..
Old 01-21-10, 01:04 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

to anyone NOT wanting to deal with TM check this out. awhile ago (i forgot bout it till today) i did the leg work and called/emailed all the other listed daizen dealers (from daizens website) and i posted what all the dealers said in this post, so here are some other places to get them besides sewell (as they showing them to still be backordered per their website) and tm (who like always it seems is hit and miss on shipping)

look at this post
post # 256

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...bushing-9.html

Last edited by sakataj; 01-21-10 at 01:08 PM.

Quick Reply: WARNING about buying from TM Engineering - VERY poor communication (not a CL vendor)