Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

WARNING about buying from TM Engineering - VERY poor communication (not a CL vendor)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-10, 09:26 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

they have terrible customer service. if all else fails, ship it back and file a dispute with your credit card company.
Old 08-18-10, 09:27 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,389 Posts

Originally Posted by TumblerZ30
Are there any TM reps on this forum I could contact?
Alex, nope.

TM has not been a forum vendor on Club Lexus for a couple of years, sorry.
Old 08-18-10, 05:18 PM
Czechlex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered my sways and steering rack bushings over six weeks ago! Multiple emails have been sent to them and not once did he respond. TM is a shady operation, beware if you are trying to finish a project cause this place might or might not send you your order.
Old 08-19-10, 01:34 PM
TumblerZ30
Driver

I guess now I know what I'm dealing with here. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 12-06-10, 02:36 PM
SUPRAboy80
Pole Position

WOW... I just ordered the control arm bushings from them for my 98 GS4... I found this thread when searching for a phone number for them... I thought they were a reputable company... especially since they are a forum sponsor... I hope all goes well... I will keep you all updated...
Old 12-06-10, 02:44 PM
Agent0024
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For whatever it is worth, I got my Daizen bushings as well as some other parts from TM within a few days of my order. I think it was mentioned that folks only have problems with TM when he/they don't have the Daizen bushings in stock.
Old 02-18-11, 11:40 PM
rpk2012
Pole Position

I am having issues now as well.

-Ordered Jan 28th, paid in full. (maybe? Looking back, I cannot find the charge) If I could get ahold of them, I would tell them to cxl now.
-Left for Japan praying that they wouldnt get stolen off my doorstep, came back on the 9th, nothing.
-Sent an email 2 or 3 days later and realized a "Item sent" e-mail in my box from the same day I sent out my "Where's it at?".
-Now its the 19th, no response directly to my e-mail, and USPS shows that the shipment hasnt been tendered to USPS yet.
-Called on the 18th, went directly to VMail.

Frustrating to say the least.

Last edited by rpk2012; 02-18-11 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-19-11, 08:01 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by rpk2012
I am having issues now as well.

-Ordered Jan 28th, paid in full. (maybe? Looking back, I cannot find the charge) If I could get ahold of them, I would tell them to cxl now.
-Left for Japan praying that they wouldnt get stolen off my doorstep, came back on the 9th, nothing.
-Sent an email 2 or 3 days later and realized a "Item sent" e-mail in my box from the same day I sent out my "Where's it at?".
-Now its the 19th, no response directly to my e-mail, and USPS shows that the shipment hasnt been tendered to USPS yet.
-Called on the 18th, went directly to VMail.

Frustrating to say the least.
when i FINALLY got mine, it took me almost 60 days....

as glenn has said before, the more you bug todd the longer it takes to send your bushings. its lousy business but it is what it is....
Old 02-19-11, 09:37 AM
rpk2012
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
when i FINALLY got mine, it took me almost 60 days....

as glenn has said before, the more you bug todd the longer it takes to send your bushings. its lousy business but it is what it is....
Yeah, well, def. sucks.
Old 02-19-11, 11:36 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup i happen to know someone that knows TM and thats the only way i was able to get my money back.

Wont ever go back
Old 02-21-11, 03:45 AM
cfran400
Driver School Candidate

I don't subscribe to TM E Business practice, which is to ignore his customers. So after about 4 wks. of nothing, I just emailed him, instructing him to cancel the order. Them I filed a charge back, with my CC company, and I got my money back.

So It's not that difficult to get you money back, you just need to demonstrate to your CC Company, that you are not satisfied with the way the order is going, and that you instructed them to cancel.
In my case what pissed me off was, he sent me an email, not long after I placed the order, saying it was shipped, 4 wks later nothing. I tried to call, no answer, I sent him a few emails, which went unanswered also. He only responded, after the CC company contacted him. Personally, I don't think we should support businesses that displays this level poor Customer service.

I was able to solve my problem by getting a new set of Control Arms from Sewell Lexus, and install them myself. Dealing with TH is not worth the stress.
Old 02-21-11, 06:25 AM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup supposedly my package was sent but lost in the mail.... lol

At least now there an alternative, I think sewell is manufacturing their own bushings
Old 02-21-11, 08:08 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by j stuff

At least now there an alternative, I think sewell is manufacturing their own bushings
Orly? Where'd you hear this? I know I need to buy bushings :/.
Old 02-21-11, 09:22 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by j stuff

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Orly? Where'd you hear this? I know I need to buy bushings :/.

ACTUALLY its carson guys not sewell and they ONLY have the castor bushing for the front end....some people want the whole control arm bushing kit
Old 02-21-11, 09:49 AM
SidhuGs300
Pole Position

wow....I cannot believe you guys had to go through all that waiting, well thank you for the information, and I know who not to give my money to.

Quick Reply: WARNING about buying from TM Engineering - VERY poor communication (not a CL vendor)