Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Classified Forum Rules

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-10, 11:28 AM
girlracer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classified Forum Rules

High Dollars sales cannot be post till you have over 300 post.

Anyone else think that just a little much??? 300..

anyways just wondering.
Old 03-03-10, 11:30 AM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

300 is nothing when you are just starting on the forum.
Old 03-03-10, 11:31 AM
girlracer
Driver School Candidate

And yes I only have 5 posts, and I wanted to sell my wheels, but they closed my thread. Just in case anyone else is wondering, hehehe :P
Old 03-03-10, 11:32 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol i think that only counts if u wanna ship that item with local sales it should be good
Old 03-03-10, 11:34 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by girlracer
High Dollars sales cannot be post till you have over 300 post.

Anyone else think that just a little much??? 300..

anyways just wondering.
This is not the place for people to just join to sell things. People that contribute get the leverage of selling items. Otherwise this place could turn into Craigslist.

300 is not that many posts, that is less than one a day in a year.

This thread is moved to the right forum.
Old 03-03-10, 11:39 AM
girlracer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
This is not the place for people to just join to sell things. People that contribute get the leverage of selling items. Otherwise this place could turn into Craigslist.

300 is not that many posts, that is less than one a day in a year.

Yeah true that. But you gotta give a girl a break. We don't have that much time to be online checking forums all the time.

Plus another forum, it was only 30 posts till you can sell.

Craigslist is too general tho, on a forum atleast there is a concentrate amount of ppl interested in this aftermarket stuff. Most likely a memeber would go to a this forum to look for a good deal on parts, rather than craigslist. I just think its a good service, and keeps ppl coming back.
Old 03-03-10, 11:42 AM
girlracer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

aw man.. now no one is gonna read my thread now that its here :P
hehehe thanks

Trending Topics

Old 03-03-10, 11:55 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Sorry, but we've had too many ripoffs to let members who aren't well connected to our community sell high dollar items. Our rules are not simply to make it tough for you to sell; they're in place to protect our members and were developed over time based on experiences and problems we've had with sales here.

With 10 posts and no vouch (many of them in this thread) for all we know, girlracer could be a 50 year old guy in a prison library posting stuff for sale using pics he found on another forum. We're simply not going to take that risk and that is 'better' service long term and keeps people coming back .
Old 03-03-10, 12:05 PM
girlracer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Sorry, but we've had too many ripoffs to let members who aren't well connected to our community sell high dollar items. Our rules are not simply to make it tough for you to sell; they're in place to protect our members and were developed over time based on experiences and problems we've had with sales here.

With 10 posts and no vouch (many of them in this thread) for all we know, girlracer could be a 50 year old guy in a prison library posting stuff for sale using pics he found on another forum. We're simply not going to take that risk and that is 'better' service long term and keeps people coming back .
haha.. cmon.. 50 year old guy in prison.. I'm not gonna take that personally..

Anyways, you made your point. Understood
Old 03-03-10, 12:08 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Note that we also have a 1 year limit on the high dollar sale w/o a vouch, so people who come in and reply to a bunch of threads just to work around the minimum post requirement will also have their high $$ FS threads closed.

The easy way to deal with this is to go to local meets, bring the stuff you are selling and show it to established members who could possibly vouch for you and your items. Understand that this vouch puts them at risk if you rip someone off with your sale, so no one is required to vouch for you... it's asking a big favor. Show them you're a real person and let them see the condition of the items you are trying to sell.
Old 03-03-10, 12:39 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I may share thoughts. Around this time last year I made my very first purchase through CL Classifieds for a wheel and tire package from a fellow member.The asking price was just over $1,500 and sure I was a bit nervous considering it would be my very first purchase here. The seller was a established CL member with his high post count and a recommendation from another member I knew. This was enough for me to pull the trigger and it ended with me being very satisfied with my items and the transaction. Considering your relatively low post count, I and the majority of members would be hesitant to buy a high dollar item from you. I can't blame the site moderators and admins for having this policy in place.