Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

How do I sell parts!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-10, 12:24 PM
350rider
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I sell parts!!!!

Im looking to sell parts form my 94 sc 300 but I dont know how. And dont want to get into trouble... could someone help please
Old 03-03-10, 12:26 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first read rules:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-for-sale.html

then post in right section: classifieds

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...lassifieds-36/
Old 03-03-10, 12:26 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

sc300/sc400 classified forums. however you need someone to vouch for you to sell parts if you have a low post count and you do.. and limited time on this forum. good luck
Old 03-03-10, 12:29 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eliteskill
sc300/sc400 classified forums. however you need someone to vouch for you to sell parts if you have a low post count and you do.. and limited time on this forum. good luck
I think that may just be for sales over a certain dollar amount, but I could be wrong.

Either way, it doesn't hurt to have someone vouch for you even if you don't have to have it.
Old 03-03-10, 12:29 PM
350rider
Driver School Candidate

oh ok thank you guys. It was a sad story with my car.
Old 03-03-10, 12:30 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

^ sucks to hear man
Old 03-03-10, 12:37 PM
350rider
Driver School Candidate

yea i know didnt feel to good either.
Old 03-06-10, 09:06 AM
350rider
Driver School Candidate

so i was selling parts and for some reason they deleted my post. does any one know why the parts were less than 500 and I didnt try to part out the vehicle.
Old 03-06-10, 11:27 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by 350rider
so i was selling parts and for some reason they deleted my post. does any one know why the parts were less than 500 and I didnt try to part out the vehicle.
Sorry, but that is absolutely untrue. You have made several posts parting out your SC and are about to lose your access to the forum if you keep doing it. You started a full part out thread, responded to several FS posts with quotes like the one below and then started listing all the parts individually. You also started bumping your post and linking to your FS posts from the main SC discussion forum. Not good.

Example 1:
The thread title of your part out from classifieds "1994 Lexus Sc300 PARTING OUT " created the first day you joined CL with your very first post. I personally gave you a warning for it and removed the thread.

Example 2:
Originally Posted by 350rider
i have every part for the sc300/400 available i was rear ended and my car is done. let me know.

We are VERY clear in our classified forum rules that you are not allowed to do this.... too much risk to our members and we've had rip-off after rip-off from situations just like this. Sorry, but we don't know you from Adam and nearly all your posts here on CL are you trying to part out your car.

I personally am sorry about your accident and there is nothing personal in our enforcement of our rules... they are for the protection of our members and we do expect you to follow them.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-for-sale.html

Car Part Outs
There are two authorized vendors that can part out cars (Aliga and RJ Distrib). Other than the vendors, only established CL members with more than 500 posts and greater than one year of membership are allowed to part out a car, and only under certain circumstances as defined below. Part outs should be posted in the appropriate model classified forum, not vehicles classifieds.
a) Multiple vehicle part-outs are not allowed.... it's a one time event meant for a Lexus that is disabled due to accident or one you've bought to use major pieces on your own car and are selling the rest. Buying a car specifically to part it out here is reserved for the two vendors above.
b) All individual part sales and prices should be posted on the forum so we know no one is getting ripped off by sales of the same item to other members and there is no auction activity.
c) No price gouging
d) Unknown / lightly known member partouts: Due to several scams run on members, these are no longer allowed. Recent joiners, don't even try. If you've had problems following classified forum rules in the past your partout may also be closed.
e) Planning on buying a parts car and taking future orders to sell parts of it? Absolutely not allowed. If you can't support the purchase of the parts car for without the forum support, don't buy it or plan on pre-selling parts here.
[
You cannot post your parts for sale here.