Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

NWS Language ... Is there a definition?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-10, 02:31 AM
edinlexv8
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy NWS Language ... Is there a definition?

NWS Language ... Is there a definition for this on this forum? I am not sure what is called an NWS language and what is not. I am a member of a few forums in US, UK and AUS. Sometimes I do post stuff on all of these forums. Strangely the moderators in here find that the content of video on one of my threads to be NWS and close the thread , this doesnot happen in other forums even though they have NSW section. So is there a different definition for what is NWS or not between different forums?
Old 03-20-10, 03:22 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

we're just cleaner over here...mods do not condone name calling, racist behavior or e-thuggery. I can say **** **** ***** and it will get bleeped....LOL see?
Old 03-20-10, 03:52 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basically, if you find yourself wondering if it's NWS or not, assume it is and put clarificaiton along with the link (as opposed to cut and pasting what ever it is you're going to share).

Everywhere I've worked so far has been fairly laid back about what is and isn't acceptable on company computers (aka, anything goes) so I never really worried about it; but it's also good to think to your self 'could this be a good way to get in trouble at work?' and if you think it might be, put a warning.
Old 03-20-10, 07:24 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

What you're asking about is defined in our forum rules

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...#faq_work_safe

Non-work-safe Images and Profanity
Club Lexus strives to be a work-safe forum that allows our members to view topics without breaking most corporate web access rules. No nude images, near-nudity or overtly sexual content are allowed to be posted on our forum, used in signature images or avatars, or stored in our Club Lexus gallery. These rules apply to linked images and URLs to other sites with non-work-safe content, regardless if they are marked "NWS". These items will be removed without notice.

We also ask that a certain level of decorum be observed when posting ‘gross’ pictures. If your co-worker or grandmother would be shocked if they saw what you’re posting, then don’t post it.

Any profanity that cannot readily be heard on prime time network television will not be tolerated anywhere on the Club Lexus site. Members who violate the rule will be warned either in public or in private, and a second time will result in suspension. Obvious circumvention of the profanity language edits on our forum to carry the same meaning falls under this same policy.

These threads or gallery pictures will have images or profanity removed and locked or deleted without notification to the member.
We do take a very strict view on what is considered work safe as our members work in many different types of environments. In many businesses you'll find that other forums are not allowed to be accessed at the work site, where ours is.

Bottom line if you think something is questionable, pm one of the moderators of the forum to ask about it before posting it.
Old 03-20-10, 10:10 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Not that we're a bunch of bluenoses, but we have to consider our audience. If you're working at home and log onto CL, that's one thing, but if you are a denizen of the corporate cube farm, content that violates Dave's reference above could conceivably cost you a reprimand or possibly your job. That's not what we're all about here. If you simply want to look at suggestive pictures or other content, the web's full of sites you would like - and maybe a few that exceed even your personal limits.

Then there are the kids. We propose to be a family-friendly site. In doing so we want to limit our content to what you might see in prime-time TV. Yes, we do go astray on occasion, but when we do, we try to edit those items. In TV terms, working around the curse filters doesn't really turn up the volume of your post, it turns down the brightness.