Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Tire Rack as CL Sponsor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-02, 12:20 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts
Default Tire Rack as CL Sponsor?

Ethan,

Have you ever approached the Tire Rack to be a sponsor for ClubLexus? Maybe expand the 'Wheels Forum' to be the 'Wheels and Tires Forum'?

I've noticed a number of car forums (IS300.NET and one of the NSX forums my GF participates in, for example) have sponsorship from the Tire Rack. They offer some small discount, at least on the NSX group.

I think this idea would be of great benefit to CL overall to get some expert advice on performance tire comparisons & fittment. I realize the Tire Rack also sells wheels, brakes, etc. which might compete with some of the vendors already on the board, but IMO I think it'll benefit CL members overall. Especially a discount with the way many of our cars chew through tires.

Your thoughts?
Old 06-18-02, 12:40 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow great idea.
Do you need me to write a proposal for you Ethan?

lol maybe one day we can have ADOBE sponsor the photoshop forum.

Last edited by futuregs; 06-18-02 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-18-02, 11:19 PM
Static911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DaveGS4,

I kinda stayed away from the referral type of companies. I thought it might be a conflict of interest 'cuz since ClubLexus already has 3 vendors already paying a fixed amount, I see it as "not fair".

But that is always a thought. Also, I wanted ClubLexus to be a tad different (this might be too extreme though). Getting business from Tire Rack is easy. I looked at it. All I have to do is fill out an application and refer as much business to them by asking the users to click on the banner when purchasing their set of wheels/tires.

But trying to get Peter, Carlos and Dennis to advertise isn't as easy. I know Dennis picks and chooses he wants to advertise, and I thought it was an honor he wanted to participate on ClubLexus.

But nothing is out of the question. And discounts for members? You betcha I'm gonna try my best cutting deals for the members!

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 06-18-02 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-19-02, 12:10 AM
DondiGS400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's go to here Dave just let me if you'll get the deal I'm still interested in VS Sd2 wheels...
Old 06-19-02, 05:11 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Static911
But trying to get Peter, Carlos and Dennis to advertise isn't as easy. I know Dennis picks and chooses he wants to advertise, and I thought it was an honor he wanted to participate on ClubLexus.
Ethan,

Thanks for investigating this - I hope we can make it happen!

I agree 100% on our current wheel sponsors, and they offer us great service and super advice (Dennis in particular has helped me out, thanks!). Manaray (who doesn't get a stake in this stuff) also deserves to be recognized as well for his wealth of knowledge and contributions.

Our existing wheel vendors are (IMO) focused on higher-end (aka quality) wheels - the kind I want to put on my Lexus. Let's face it, the Tire Rack just doesn't sell much of that for our cars beyond some SSR stuff. However, there is still a demand for it on CL (to Manaray's dismay ).

Having said that, is there some way to separate out their involvement so as not to diminish the input and value of the existing sponsors? How about a separate 'Tires' subforum that has a sticky in it that contains the Tire Rack Banner URL and/or coupon code to get a discount. That would keep the current wheel vendors focused on what they do best, but give (CL paid members?) access to a discount on the tires we need to replace every few months.

Another idea for placement - there used to be a 'ClubLexus Sponsors' button or menu choice that would list all the places that support CL, and give URLs to their websites. Maybe just put a link there?

I certainly don't want to make CL a place with pop-ups and banners! However, establishing relationships with some of the large vendors many of us use (like the Tire Rack) - and passing along along the benefits of those relationships IMO is something that should be pursued. Like someone posted on another thread "we're all about the hook-ups".
Old 06-19-02, 02:59 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default I think we should try

I think we should try and get them, I'm sure we have several people who have used them and they are a solid company with a good rep.

f150online has sponsorship from them as well. I think ted920 actually got some sponsorship/partial discount from them as well.
Old 06-20-02, 12:19 PM
LexFather

I've bought all my tires from em for all our cars the last 2 years. If CL would get $$$ by me buying the tires when I hit the link from here, I would do it without hesitation on my next tire purchase.

Trending Topics

Old 06-20-02, 05:27 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Sick,

I've used them for years as well. Very responsive service, great prices.

I'm hoping that the sponsorship deal with them goes three ways:

- purchaser gets a discount
- Tire Rack gets a customer / referal
- CL gets some kickback
Old 06-20-02, 09:05 PM
LexFather

BINGO!
Old 06-20-02, 09:35 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
BINGO!

how much did you win?
Old 06-25-02, 01:22 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Ethan,

Is this something you think CL can pursue?

Thanks,
D