Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Issue in the RX forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-02, 07:06 PM
wwest
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue in the RX forum...

Would you mind terribly having a look at, read completely, the RX300 thread started by harrierrx300 and tell me if I'm out of line?

I know it's best to refer people to past posts on the same subject as paddy wagon did, while I referred the "questioner" to an ad for an aftermarket device, not to "sell" the device, but so the questioner would read the article and come to an understanding of what his "problem" might be.

In my experience it's human nature to simply "ask" a question rather than going to the bother of browsing the internet for the answer to a specific question or event. Many. many times I've wanted to simply respond by saying your answer is on page xx of your RX300 owner's manual. But if I spell it out here then it's there for everyone to read, or FLAME, as the case may be.

Sorry about the above title but that's exactly what comes to mind when these two start flaming me rather than refute my position or otherwise do, write, something constructive.

I'm originally from Arkansas myself so I really can be somewhat sympathetic to their plight.

* Offending thread title removed...

Last edited by genearch; 07-06-02 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-06-02, 10:13 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

wwest:

I also read your thread and can somewhat sympathize with your complaint. However, I take offense to your post title here "Book burning Southern Rednecks".

I don't care where you're from originally or if your father was General Lee himself, perpetuating idiotic stereotypes is counterproductive and insulting to large groups of people who do not deserve to be maligned. If specific people are picking on you, deal with it individually not with the entire region of the US.

I'm sure you have rednecks living right down the street from you in WA. I also suspect the carbon and soot from the 'Miss Manners' books they are burning is contributing to all the problems with your air conditioner. Perhaps you should go rescue one of those books and read it yourself for some tips on common courtesy.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-06-02 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-07-02, 09:28 AM
wwest
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Title

I wish I could lay claim to changing the title to something less confrontational, a big THANKS to whoever.

FEW southerners are Rednecks...Might be even more in Northern Idaho.

Very FEW southerners are book burners.... Northern Idaho, again?

NO southerner is a book burning redneck.....Doubt if any of those exist at all.
Old 07-07-02, 03:00 PM
LexFather

Maybe if the book is the autobiography of Malcom X. lol

Just kidding ya'll