Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

d2 autosports complaint

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-10, 11:57 AM
toekneeXD
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default d2 autosports complaint

k here is the story

Wheels ordered on aug 18 2010

i ordered the wheels thru d2 autosport and i tried to do it over the phone with stephan, he told me that he is busy or something and easier way was to do it online. so i went thru and made a online purchase of the wheels. Had the 2 front wheels on a different offset after i talked to jav from vossen. i got the beat around about a tracking number for about 2 or 3 wheels then the wheels came in. For some reason he couldnt ever give me the tracking number so we had to call 3 way to vossen directly for a tracking number over the phone. Which to me is very hard to read and i didnt want to ask the guy at vossen to repeat all those numbers.

Wheels came in after patiently waiting and off set were not what i ordered and there are no wheel lug nuts that i ordered. i called and tried to see if they can fix the problem, He blamed it on someone else that took the order so he said they can ship the wheels back to d2, then they will ship to vossen then vossen will ship me another set of wheels. It left me thinking damn another 4 weeks of waiting then? So i just thought easier way to fix everything can you ship me a spacer and save everyone time and money. He said he would and it would be out first thing tomorrow. and for the lug nuts they are on their way.

so its been about 3 days i asked about the lug nuts and spacer and they told me lug nuts are on the way there is no need for the lug nut tracking cause i will receive it in less then 5 days and spacer they are still trying to locate one. 5 more days pass i said **** it i need to drive my car cause i got a month with out a car now. i went out and bought my self some cheap *** 10 dollar tuner lug nuts, called for the spacer and they said oh we found one and are trying to ship it out. it will be a few more days and i will be taking care of and it will be out. Told him that i already bought some lug nuts cause its been a few weeks and nothign has shown

A few more weeks Both wheel spacer and no lug nuts has been showing up or anything. So i called back to get a refund on the damn lug nuts. He said he will give the refund sorry that i never received them, im thinking damn then what the hell was the beat around about i will receive them within 5 days or where the hell has it been. So what ever the case was refund was issued back on Oct 20 2010. Two damn good months about some lug nuts that cost 20 bucks from a wheel distributor.

After more calls and calls we had talks about oh we found one its not hub centric ( sorry cant spell ), talks about k i located a 13 mm hub centric, k its going out tomorrow, then it hasnt gone yet since sema, then after sema oh we found the 13mm is that okay, so i said enough was enough after reading about Jav from vossen was so helpful i was thinking he could help me out, he said he talked to stephan and stephan said i wanted a 6mm and Jav said he can have one shipped out to me asap but its not hub centric. Pm jav back and said jsut send whatever i aready bought some spacers just trying to get some to sell and get my money back, ( from a mistake i didnt do or wanted in the first place) No word back from Jav, made a call to stephan and his ppl travis and darrel and whoever kept telling me hes making his way back to his office he will call me back, never got a call back. finally got a hold of him after a few days and he gives me the run down about the 13mm agian. then says he call me back last time we talked was dec 18th 2010

I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS BULL****. ITS BEEN A GOOD 4 MONTHS OF BULL****, A SPACER FOR THE FAULT THAT D2 MADE AND IM STILL WAITING? THE MOST EXPENSIVE GOOD SPACER I KNOW IS 110 BY IBCHIBA ON EBAY. AND D2 CANT EVEN PUT OUT THE MONEY FOR THAT? OR SOMETHING LESS?

im sure im the only person with a negative feedback about this, and many ppl had great stories about how helpful they been. its been 4 months i never called and *****ed at anyone. but enough is enough, wheels are coming off and im selling them. and im just pretty much tired of having to reach out to get what i wanted in the first place.

dec 12 2010.
d2 autosport Jav thanks for some what help
in my book that **** was enough for me to say damn what great costomer service
Old 12-12-10, 01:01 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sorry to hear. sounds like the terrible service I got from Rotora and my car sat for 3 months in my garage and they didnt care one bit. amazing to see bad service like that in today's market.
Old 12-12-10, 01:09 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Not doubting your story but there are always two sides, just curious to hear the other side.
Old 12-12-10, 02:28 PM
toekneeXD
Driver School Candidate

i dont post much or complain much but this is like you ordering from v-leds lets say and they forgot to send you a different base and it takes 4 months for you to not get one yet. im sure you be pretty pissed off, if thats all they do is carry and deal with bulbs.
Old 12-12-10, 02:46 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 12-12-10, 02:55 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

sorry to hear what happened OP, really is a bummer.

Originally Posted by passnu2
sorry to hear. sounds like the terrible service I got from Rotora and my car sat for 3 months in my garage and they didnt care one bit. amazing to see bad service like that in today's market.
yea seriously.
Old 12-12-10, 04:25 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why didn't you buy directly from Vossen? Vossen has been consistently present on this forum, being proactive about customer service issues, helping their customers. There is no way I would buy from D2 autosports. I would buy direct from Vossen.

I don't think it is reasonable to expect Jav to work with you when he's paying margin to D2 to deal with customer service.
Old 12-12-10, 04:29 PM
toekneeXD
Driver School Candidate

i asked jav about different offsets before and i asked about ordering through him and he directed me to d2. so i was just thinking i couldnt order directly through vossen. i didnt expect jav to do much but since he was a company owner or thats what i thought he was. a spacer of any sort that is good enough with a hub cemetric to keep a costomer happy, i thought it wouldnt be so hard to do. but instead he offered a 6mm and after i said k send that i havnt had a responds from him.
Old 12-12-10, 04:31 PM
phillygs3

never had issues with d2 always talked to Derrick directly and had outstanding service, i would like to see the other side of story also.
Old 12-12-10, 04:32 PM
toekneeXD
Driver School Candidate

im not trying to make a quick deal to get some spacers. its just dang after 4 months i couldn get a help its kinda pointless now to even try to call and still get a spacer. over all d2 costomer service is very bad. but like i said they treat everyone different and i just happen to be the one they choose to do this too.
Old 12-12-10, 04:33 PM
phillygs3

Once i even had a wheel get destroyed by installer and they sent me a new one the next day , did you pester them?
Old 12-12-10, 04:34 PM
toekneeXD
Driver School Candidate

all i been hearing is excuses. they now have the open option to post whatever they like. just from the get go, trying to receive the lug nuts when there wasnt any shipped to begin with then having to ask for a refund? i would love to hear that side of the story and then another story about spacer issues
Old 12-12-10, 04:35 PM
toekneeXD
Driver School Candidate

no i never called called them any names when they said they call me back i waited a few more days before i tried to contact them agian. i been very patient with stephan and everyone else that picks up their calls. i never once said anything negative towards anyone. everyone i call i just said hey its mike. im calling about a spacer, and let them blab on about what is going on.
Old 12-12-10, 04:42 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toekneeXD
i asked jav about different offsets before and i asked about ordering through him and he directed me to d2. so i was just thinking i couldnt order directly through vossen. i didnt expect jav to do much but since he was a company owner or thats what i thought he was. a spacer of any sort that is good enough with a hub cemetric to keep a costomer happy, i thought it wouldnt be so hard to do. but instead he offered a 6mm and after i said k send that i havnt had a responds from him.
Yeah that was not great on the part of Vossen.

Stories like this are why I am extremely reluctant to put aftermarket mechanical parts on my car. At the end of the day most of these companies care more about a couple of hundred bucks than about their reputation. All my parts are from bigger companies with the exception of the Laser Interceptor who I know personally and has consistently shown exceptional service to all customers.

Last edited by *Batman*; 12-12-10 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-12-10, 06:40 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i can feel toekneeXD frustration,,,my experience was pretty similar where it took 3months get my refund after receiving wrong tires,,,was little surprised bc they have such good reputation,,,