Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Newbie here Guide me in the right direction Plz CL members.!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-10, 09:31 AM
BigJohnLs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here Guide me in the right direction Plz CL members.!!

Hello My name is Johnny & I'm NEW to this forum. Not sure where to post this thread, but my question is towards this Site.. My question is about classified section, after reading the sticky post of classified rules & regulations it claims Newbies may not post anything for sale due to CL members risk... CL members must have a 300 post limit to be able to post up an item or Items on the classified section or a CL member that is well known to this site can post up to the classified section for you (correct me if my info is wrong) But my question is the following is their a section or any other post thread where a CL member can ADOPT a newbie to be able to post something up on the classified section... I'm a newbie & I want to post up on classified section but afraid my post thread will get deleted due to not having 300 post limit

Sorry for the Noob question
Old 12-25-10, 11:22 AM
BigJohnLs
Driver School Candidate

Default Newbie Noob Question CL members plz help.!!

Hello My name is Johnny & I'm NEW to this forum. Not sure where to post this post thread on this Site.. My question is about classified section, after reading the sticky post of classified rules & regulations it claims Newbies may not post anything for sale due to CL members risk... CL members must have a 300 post limit to be able to post up an item or Items on the classified section or a CL member that is well known to this site can post up to the classified section for you (correct me if my info is wrong) But my question is the following is their a section or any other post thread where a CL member can ADOPT a newbie to be able to post something up on the classified section... I'm a newbie & I want to post up on classified section but afraid my post thread will get deleted due to not having 300 post I have something that might be suitable for someone that is in need

limit Sorry for the Noob question
Old 12-25-10, 12:52 PM
Raddison
Pole Position

I think that for a member to vouch for you they have to know you personally or trust you in some way, shape or form, ya know?
Old 12-25-10, 01:58 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Welcome to CAR CHAT. I'm not a moderator, but, as I understand the rules, in this forum, you can discuss the vehicle you want to sell, ask questions, ask CL members for advice, and ask for advice on any vehicle you want to replace it with....that's part of what CAR CHAT is for. But, to actually post and advertise it, I'd PM the Administrator DaveGS4 or one of the moderators for details.

Here are some web sites that I have found very useful in determining the value/worth of used cars.....Kelly Blue Book http://www.kbb.com/ and NADA http://www.nadaguides.com/home.aspx. KBB is generally a little more comprehensive, and has more categories.

Good luck
Old 12-25-10, 02:18 PM
BigJohnLs
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the tip Marshall
Old 12-25-10, 04:12 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

From what I know, you would probably need a vouch from another member. Check out the regional forums and meet up with people in your area. Good luck!
Old 12-25-10, 11:24 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

the only way to get "adopted" is to show up to an event or meet and make friends with people. This way they can vouch for you when you want to sell something. the process is tedious but its in place for a very good reason, it keeps many members protected
Old 12-26-10, 06:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Is your item for sale a high dollar item? If so, you'll need an established CL member to vouch for you.
Old 12-26-10, 07:58 AM
BigJohnLs
Driver School Candidate

GaveGS4 (Administrator) Yess I will probably say its a high dollar item, that I'm not in need of anymore & maybe someone here can use the item

Maybe a suggestion for a sticky

Adopt a newbie foundation.!!

-Enquired for a newbie like myself get proper information in where to post certain threads
-Ask questions about a certain questions
-Give a newbie a chance for a CL member to Adopt a newbie that is not eligible to post on classified section
-All CL members that are well known to the site Can take the time to get to know a Newbie instead of a newbie looking for a CL that will take the time to meet you & trust you enough to post in classified for you
-Or this CL site can have a section of our local Moderators or administrators like yourself can come to inspect items that will be posted on classified section

Bcuz Me speaking getting to 300 post will probably take 4ever & getting a vouch well that takes too much time & Let's face it what are the Odds of a high end CL member to Vouch for Newbie

plz help Sticky: Adobt A Newbie here: An opportunity to post in classified Thanks for your time
Old 12-26-10, 06:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

The "Site Questions" forum you are posting in is exactly the right spot to do what you are suggesting above when something isn't self-explanatory from the forum titles, FAQs already posted, etc. No need to sticky.

On the adopt-a-newbie foundation with the purpose of making it easier to sell things? Sorry, no. Our rules are there to make sure our active members don't get ripped off by a newbie. No offense intended, but we don't know you from Adam and don't want you to sell anything $$$ here unless you have a real connection to our community or know someone who does. We've had a LOT of ripoffs occur and we do our best to prevent them.

Take a look at the 'why did my thread get closed' sticky in the wheels classifieds for more info on vouches and some suggestions how to get one.