Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

I don't understand the forum restrictions for new members

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-11, 04:21 AM
1stock06
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't understand the forum restrictions for new members

why i post 30 times in 30 days?

I don't know to where, the 'Contact Us' link is dead.

"As of January 2011, Club Lexus is implementing some reasonable restrictions for members who have been on Club Lexus for less than 30 days and have made less than 30 productive posts in our discussion"

....I just got here. How am I supposed to make 30 "productive" posts in as many days?

...Just what is 'productive'..?

restrict me all you want....I'm out.

love all Lexus Cars, People who love and drive Lexus and the Mods who make this forum work.

............how's this for 'productive'....

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-20-11 at 06:44 AM. Reason: removed cursing from the potty mouth newb
Old 02-20-11, 04:33 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

PEACE homie
Old 02-20-11, 04:38 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Administrators on most automotive forums usually implement similar restrictions for activities like listing items for sale or sending private messages. These types of restrictions are intended to lessen the chance of exposing members to illegal or annoying activity. Sometimes, well-intentioned folks get bit by the restrictions.
Old 02-20-11, 05:41 AM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I get what OP is saying but why in the LS section?
Old 02-20-11, 05:43 AM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats the point of taking server space if your not going to contribute? bye
Old 02-20-11, 06:37 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If I read that correctly, the restriction is for the first 30 days of signing up right? Don't see the problem with that. Unless you come on the forum and your car is falling apart with various issues and you need more than 30 posts in 30 days. I post a lot, but I don't think I've really averaged a post per day I've been on.
Old 02-20-11, 07:00 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

For existing members who have never seen this message... here's a thread you can read that gives you some background. Short version is we get a boat load of spammers who were bulk PMing other members, leaving visitor messages for others, putting advertising in their signatures and making a bunch of nonsense posts, etc. We also get a fair number of people who join only to sell something quick in our free classifieds (and those folks often have problem sales because they have no reputation to ruin or connection to our community).

For 1stock06
Honesty here... We're going to give you one more chance before banning you because you say you are a Lexus owner and enthusiast. You created an ugly cursing diatribe (which I since edited out of your thread and thread title) when you can simply post and ask your question about it here, politely and maturely.

If you read the notice more clearly, you don't need to post 30 times in 30 days. You simply have to be a member on Club Lexus for more than 30 days and have more than 30 posts before additional features of the forum open up to you. Specifically you'll get a bigger PM box, you'll be able to start threads in the classifieds (you can still reply to them even now if you want to buy something) and you'll be able to use signatures and images.

You can still start discussion threads (like this one), use forum search and be a productive member. The word 'productive' is there so we can keep someone who just wants to sell a set of wheels from bumping a bunch of old threads with a " Like this" reply to build their post count. There is nothing keeping you from using Club Lexus unless you keep up the ugly cursing and we push the ban button.

I suggest you take a read of the forum terms of service which you agreed to follow when you joined.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq.php