Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Anyone else having problems with a delayed Sewell order?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-11, 02:48 PM
indyberett
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else having problems with a delayed Sewell order?

I order a part that was in stock over 2 weeks ago and got an email the other day stating it was about to be shipped. I then log into the website today and it says "backordered" and no date on it. It is a navigation disc update for my 02 sc430. I still have the original disc in it. The car only has 10k miles on it and I purchased it new.

It clearly showed it was in stock when I purchased it. I've seen a few other members that have stated their orders were handled in a similar way. This is not a part that is a hot seller, as it was not the most recent update.

I usually don't get upset over this kind of thing, but it really makes me mad that they took my money knowing they did not have the part in stock but stated they did. I could have purchased the part somewhere else and it would have already been here and installed.

I will update this post if they make the purchase right...
Old 04-14-11, 02:59 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,294 Likes on 1,399 Posts

I've given them a heads up about your issue.

In the meantime, I'd suggest you contact the vendor to ask about the status and how this happened? Your post doesn't sound like you have called or emailed them to ask and I personally would have done that before a public callout.
Old 04-14-11, 07:44 PM
indyberett
Rookie

I have notified them about the issue. They should have also contacted me as they have all my contact information. Why does the customer always have to do the work for these vendors?

I know, the consumer is always the one to blame and not the vendor.
Old 04-18-11, 10:09 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Indyberett, I am sorry for the confusion with your order. On our site, we make our best attempt at conveying accurate information relating to current inventory levels.

Darrel
Old 04-19-11, 08:30 AM
indyberett
Rookie

I did not purchase the part on the link you show above. I purchased it in your closeout page as I clearly indicated in my email to you and it stated that you had 1 in stock. It did NOT say it was on backorder, etc.

In the future you might want to cross reference your inventory in your closeout section to links on your main parts page to show the most current inventory so this won't happen again.

Also, let's not forget the fact that your system said that the item was shipped and I actually received an email on 4/4/11 stating that is was being prepared for shipping. Is that my fault too?

Order has been canceled as they have no ETA on any new stock.

Thanks Darrell for replying...

Last edited by indyberett; 04-19-11 at 09:20 AM.