Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Question for mods/admins...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-11, 08:08 PM
bucwld12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for mods/admins...

I recently joined the lexus family coming from a Toyota Tacoma. I was a member of a another forum called tacomaworld.com They have a pretty cool thread on their site that lets members post up live pics or comments from their cell phones. Here is a link. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...9-tw-live.html

I hope the link works. Anyway it is called TW Live. I was wondering if there is anything like that here on CL. If not would it be possible to create a thread that is similar? Maybe a CL Live.

It is a pretty cool idea and gets a lot of members active who wouldn't normally be as active. It really is just for you post up pics of anything funny, different or unique. It could be your car or anything really. You are givin a specific address in which you can text your pics or comments in and they will typically show up in a matter of minutes.

This is just a thought. If it doesn't go anywhere that is cool. I just figured it might be a cool idea to implement here on CL. I hope I posted this in the right area. Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully consider this new thread.
Old 05-04-11, 08:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Thanks for the idea, we've got one here.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...pics-here.html

Several of the Lexus model forums have them as well for their vehicles (for your 2IS for example here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...right-now.html)
Old 05-04-11, 08:21 PM
bucwld12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply and my apologies for posting in the wrong area. I saw the 2IS thread and visit it frequently. I just didnt know if there was anything quite like the text your pics in feature. I love the site and look forward to being an active member here.
Old 05-17-11, 01:22 AM
xtr3me
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Since this thread was previously posted not within the specific allocated area I think I will take advantage in jump right in...
I used the hyperlink at the bottom of the page "Contact Us" and sent an email requesting assistance in resolving my issue or an explanation as to why I can not create a new post but the Contact Us link seems to be backlogged or still under construction. No response..
And without being able to post there is no other option on the forum to seek help.....
So I thought maybe a Moderator or Administrator might be able to investigate the issue and determine fault as to whether it be lack of tools, within my control panel or user error..
As stated above,I need to resolve an issue in regards to creating a new thread/post. Apparently I do not have the tools available, although I can quick reply..
Any assistance in helping to resolve this matter is greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to remove this reply at any given time to clean up the thread..
Thanks in Advance
Old 05-17-11, 07:26 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by xtr3me
Since this thread was previously posted not within the specific allocated area I think I will take advantage in jump right in...
I used the hyperlink at the bottom of the page "Contact Us" and sent an email requesting assistance in resolving my issue or an explanation as to why I can not create a new post but the Contact Us link seems to be backlogged or still under construction. No response..
And without being able to post there is no other option on the forum to seek help.....
So I thought maybe a Moderator or Administrator might be able to investigate the issue and determine fault as to whether it be lack of tools, within my control panel or user error..
As stated above,I need to resolve an issue in regards to creating a new thread/post. Apparently I do not have the tools available, although I can quick reply..
Any assistance in helping to resolve this matter is greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to remove this reply at any given time to clean up the thread..
Thanks in Advance
Your account looks just fine.

If you're trying to start a classified thread, you can't do that until you have 30 posts / 30 days in our community. There's a forum message you see when you log in that explains that, as well as an annoucement in the classifieds that shows up when you view it.

If its not a classifieds forum thread creation issue, try deleting your browser cache / cookies and logging back in.
Old 05-17-11, 07:37 PM
xtr3me
Pit Crew

Thanks for quick response.Rules understood in regards to newbies and posting classified threads..
Previously deleted cookies, emptied cache without results. Tried again as suggested,no fix.
Is there any known conflicts with Mac users utilizing Snow Leopard 10.6?
Any suggestions?
Is there a POC that I can message to try and resolve problem without replying to a post?
Looking for options...
Thanks
Old 05-18-11, 07:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

You can PM me about it, but try now.
Old 05-19-11, 02:09 PM
xtr3me
Pit Crew

DaveGS4,

You are doing great things. I downloaded Fire Fox and the New Thread icon is available so the fault was Safari browser specific as you suspected..
Thank You