Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!
View Poll Results: Classified Section Posting Requirements
Must be Paid Member
41.67%
Must hit minimum post count
33.33%
Both
8.33%
status quo
16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Use of Classifieds Section

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-02, 05:39 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Use of Classifieds Section

Does anyone else think that people should be paid memebers before being allowed to post in the classifieds? Or reach a minimum post count (excludes approved vendors)? It just seems that alot of people these days are coming here with 1 or 2 posts and looking to dump stuff, make the quick hit and get out. I don't know about you, but there are probably only a handful of people at CL I'd trust to do business with mainly because of their longevity with the club. Any thoughts?
Old 09-18-02, 09:36 PM
jbbnet
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he brings up a good point.... people should have a level permission to post just for that reason that people come in just to sell something and go. Maybe that should meet a quota of message posting first?
Old 09-19-02, 01:28 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

i agree. i've been seeing a lot of people with only a handful of posts, and they're all to advertise their crap. maybe a minimum post count or status symbol or something... great idea though!
Old 09-20-02, 12:51 PM
jbbnet
Lead Lap

tell me this, how many people are paid members from the 8000 members? I assume it's a lower percentage. i think we need some activty to continue in the classifieds and only remove the "ebay" type dealers.

I'm not a paid member (maybe I should have by now) but i still think this should be allowed for unpaid members.

just my thoughts
Old 10-02-02, 11:26 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Not sure what the final result will be on this but I do agree that there should be a change. I'm seeing more members with a handful of post selling things in the classified which most of the time they never respond back in a timely manner. IMO, I truly believe that members with at least 100 post should be able to post things for sale in the classifed. If we only have "paid members" post, it would be very difficult to sell do to the fact that there isn't many paid members here in the club. But I do agree, there needs to be a change.....
Old 10-14-02, 05:45 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Maybe a low-limit of 50 or 100 posts or something. Just an idea.
Old 10-20-02, 03:03 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Paid Member

Why?

Because if it is a Post Number that is the trigger, we'll have even more Post *****s here to manage, and more mess to clean up on the forums.

Trending Topics

Old 10-20-02, 08:14 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

i think both counts should be considered for two reasons:

1. helping to build up the site finacially...

2. protecting the interest of buyers and cl members/browsers...
Old 10-21-02, 06:06 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everyone who is on here on a regular basis should be paid member IMO. The classified section is great for a lot of people because there is a focused group of potential buyers. If they are making money by selling stuff, then they can AT LEAST be a paid member...
Old 10-21-02, 01:40 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

$30 is not too much to ask for people to support this site. I agree with Manaray, people who frequently visit here should at least be a paid member. That is the least we can contribute.
Old 10-24-02, 08:19 PM
LexFather

$30 is not too much to ask for people to support this site. I agree with Manaray, people who frequently visit here should at least be a paid member. That is the least we can contribute.
Especially, people who have done DIY items from ClubLexus.
Old 10-26-02, 07:34 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Paid Member to sale. It'll take a few post before that person realized he need to be a paid member. Me, for example, after about 30 posts before I become paid member.
We need to change the rule for the person who wants to sale some thing on the classified and make sure nobody get rip off. I know one of the member got ripped off by Not so fast for $1,800.00 on a set of wheels. May be credit card # just like e-bay or home address or something. But we need to protect both buyer and seller.
Old 10-26-02, 08:13 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by VVT-i
May be credit card # just like e-bay or home address or something. But we need to protect both buyer and seller.
...Or maybe to sell, you must have PayPal. That would eliminate FUD and leave CL with no liability whatsoever.

Yezzzzzzz
Old 10-26-02, 08:15 PM
blackbear56k
Driver School Candidate

I dont the think number of post should be used as a determinating factor.I have been an active member on this site of over a year and i dont post alot. I mostly browse though the post to check out what's going on. The amount of time a member has been registered and active would be a better way to solve alot of the problems. Having a set number of post would only lead to a large amount of useless post.
Old 11-02-02, 12:37 PM
legendary
Racer

Paid member, and encourage paypal.

My money is on the way

Quick Reply: Use of Classifieds Section