Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

My experience; Lexus Sewell

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-11, 12:18 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation My experience; Lexus Sewell

Hey guys, I just wanna bring this to everyones attention, I've been cramming on finishing up fixing my SC400 this whole summer before school starts, (since this is my family's daily for now) and I wanna keep as much parts as I can OEM, so I've been ordering most of the parts from Lexus Sewell since they sponsor our site and we get almost 40% discount on most parts from them. My first order was as smooth as it can be. The only reason I returned some stuff was I under estimated the ATF oil I was gonna use, so I ordered the 12 pack instead of just 4quarts and the checkout part of there site doesn't tell you how many parts you clicked are the same so I over ordered the PCV valve and grommet. I admittedly told it was my mistake and they refunded everything with no hesitation.

Although on my second set of order, everything started going complicated on how they handle business. The first thing I had problem with was the single button key transmitter (my SC just came with a regular key without remote so I ordered it), well, I ordered a key with cut based on my SC's VIN for just an extra dollar, but when I got the key the cut was way off and couldn't open anything at all, not the doors, trunk, glove compartment or the ignition cylinder so I called them, must've been a mix up, and the guy who picked up the phone was very rude, even insisting on I've probably changed the ignition cylinder, even after looking up my SC's history that it have never been changed he's still insisting that somebody must've changed it instead of finding out how to correct what was done wrong. And really, this is not the way you talk to paying customers. (And also, who in the right mind would bother changing all the locks for all the doors, trunk, glove compartment and also the trunk lock in the driver panel? And for what?? And it's also easy to tell that it have never been tampered with.)

Next, I also ordered a cabin air filter (all this in one same order), when I found time to install it under the glove compartment that's when I found out that it wouldn't fit, and clearly they sent me a different cabin air filter based on the part number from my order and the one I received. So again, back to FedEx to ship it back to them.

Now, this is the one that really aggravates me alot!!! Y'all know how hard it is to change engine mounts (specially when it's your first time doing it) right?? After taking 2 1/2 hours under the sun, trying to remove the old engine mounts off of the car, I find out that it's different again?!? WTF?!?! I checked the part number first, then checked their website which is it really, and the part number seems to be correct. I called them up before putting everything back on the car to make sure and that's when I find out that it is really different. And to make matters more frustrating for me, this guy I'm talking to turned from Dr. Jeckle to Mr. Hide on me!!! He tells me that based on my order I was the one who ordered the wrong part for my car?? (To the people who have gone to their website) How hard is it to navigate in their website that I was able to order engine mounts for a GS300 for my '95 SC400??? I never knew that I was that dumb??? (Or I felt like one the way this guy talked over me!) The correct part number for my SC's engine mounts are 12360-50110. So the next day I called again to talk to the one in charge of their internet sales since he was already gone when I called the day before. And I actually find the guy I was talking to before nicer than this guy. They are insisting that on their end the part number is correct. So what did I do the night before before they can change anything on how their website was set? I screen captured everything so I have proof. But nooooo, this guy is still insisting it's good on their end, and is in a hurry to hang up the phone on me saying he'll review my email first and he'll just call me back.

I'm not trying to ruin this company's reputation whatsoever, but I'm just frustrated on what to do about it since I can't talk to the people who work there in a proper manner. I am just sharing my experience. I already reported there dealership to Lexus USA. I'm very unhappy on how they handled my business with them. I'm still hoping I can finish fixing my SC in a week and a half before my daughter's school starts. And here are the screen captures I got all at the same date and time.
Attached Thumbnails My experience; Lexus Sewell-1995-sc400-viewall-accessories.jpg   My experience; Lexus Sewell-1995-sc400-motor-mounts-.jpg   My experience; Lexus Sewell-sewellparts.com-shopping-cart.gif  
Old 08-13-11, 12:59 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

This is a bummer! Sorry you had to go thru this.. Thanks for sharing because I'm about to order $700 bucks worth of parts from them and i don't want any funny business..

So, they won't let you return or exchange the parts??
Old 08-13-11, 12:54 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Well they will no matter what. But what ticks me off about the situation is they're blaming me for their website's mistakes and they're very rude. Not to mention I've been trying to get this done ever since summer vacation of my kid started. And now I only have a week and a half to do everything. Let me give you an idea what I had to fix the whole summer;

The ones I've finished tackling:
valve cover gasket leak
brake lines
transmission oil pan leak/flush

The ones I need to do:
rack and pinion
power steering pump
alternator
all control arm bushings(front/rear)
engine mount
rear wheel bearing
differential gear oil

And again this is my daily so time is really of the essence in my situation. My only suggestion if anyone else is ordering from them, know your part numbers first from a much more reliable source, so you can make sure the one their website is showing is correct.
Old 08-13-11, 07:09 PM
skousenjr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only dealings i have had with them are I ordered a part that shows in stock, they charge my card, and 2 days later i get that my order is on hold, but no reason. I email them and get a reply of the part i ordered and payed for is discontinued and they dont have any. But if I want to pay XXX amount more I can get this part that replaces it.

Needless to say i felt shamed like a bait and switch has gone on. So after several more emails they finaly refund my money, and they say they removed it from the site. But i took my money some place else.
Old 08-13-11, 07:16 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

On my first order that also happened, I ordered the ventilation hose from manifold to power steering, and it turns out it's already on stop production but nobody even bothered calling me to let me know I waited 2 weeks and called them myself to find out what's going on!

Last edited by OG Dada; 09-21-11 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-21-11, 01:05 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Just a little update on this, I just found out, since I reported Lexus Sewell to Lexus main hotline they blocked me from accessing my account with Lexus Sewell's website. Tell me that that's a customer service you expect from a high end car company? I value the savings I'm getting from them but what kind of customer service do I get, discounted customer service also? I'm not gonna let this slide, I'm gonna report this to Lexus again. I've already ordered a thousand dollars worth of parts from them and I don't see them valuing the business I'm bringing them. I know the employees don't get much from what I'm paying but that is exactly the mentality that's bringing our economy down.
Old 09-21-11, 01:29 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by kingphilip
since I reported Lexus Sewell to Lexus main hotline they blocked me from accessing my account with Lexus Sewell's website.
that's hearsay