Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Gadget & Electronics Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-11, 02:51 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Gadget & Electronics Forum?

As a predominantly guy forum, I'm sure cars and motorbikes are not the only toys that we have. So I am here to make a petition to the mods to create another sub-forum entirely devoted to show off the electronics toys and gadgets we might have, or to ask questions on things we might want to purchase.

why should we have it?
other than the reason I mentioned above, other forums have this sub-forum. Knowing how awesome CL is, we cannot give way to a lot of these hacks.
we have a photography forum, which is really a specific gadget and electronics sub-forum...so let's amke a bigger one that encompasses PCs, cellphones, watches, bla bla bla

why we should not have it?
I don't know, you give me a reason.

I'll start off with myself

1. Kaydee

Last edited by Kaydee; 09-20-11 at 02:54 AM.
Old 09-20-11, 05:13 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Kaydee, we've considered this in the past (along with several other clubhouse sub forums such as lifestyle stuff (cooking, beverages, cigars, etc) and decided against it for a couple of reasons

1) the volume of threads with these topics being posted isn't sufficient to warrant it's own forum or (more likely) sub forum off of the clubhouse. Right now we've got several I'd "slot" into the new sub forum but the volume comes and goes.

2) those threads that are posted there would likely get less views, responses, interest hidden away in the new forum compared to the shared discussion area that is the clubhouse

Good idea, and not opposed to doing this if people want it and more than our small handful of gadget guys would use it but think ultimately might be detrimental to the content and the member asking for advice.

You guys will really need to sign on to make it active and a success

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-20-11 at 05:29 AM.
Old 09-20-11, 10:05 PM
Kaydee

Dave, I see where you are coming from, and from the photo forum itself, I totally get your point. But I will still maintain that we need one but I will not push it. If people want this to happen, they can sign the petition.

cool beans
Old 09-21-11, 12:55 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also you can talk about Videogames, TVs..etc

1. Kaydee
2. Rash
Old 09-21-11, 02:42 AM
Kaydee

totally...everything. I just got a Galaxy s2. I wanted to brag about it, but i could not find an appropriate and specific sub-forum to do that.