Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Swift Racing Technologies

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-02, 02:55 PM
Static911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swift Racing Technologies

On October 28, 2002 the SRT Forum is being removed from ClubLexus. SRT (Mo and Marken) will still participate in the various ClubLexus forums to answer specific questions about their products. You can also contact them directly at:

sales@swiftracing.com
(301)982-4600
www.swiftracing.com

With their many releases of new products, SRT has had little time to participate in the responses on their former forum. As we have done in the past, ClubLexus reserves the right to make changes to our forum makeup to better serve our members and focus our content.

Sincerely,

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 10-28-02 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-28-02, 03:09 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Ethan,

Is there any way to just lock that forum down instead of deleting it? As you said, "Clublexus reserves the right to make changes to our forum makeup to better serve our members..." By deleting all the info in that forum it doesn't serve the members to the best ability since any future SRT consumer on Clublexus and any present SRT consumer on Clublexus is only going to ask questions over and over again that were answered in that forum. It was bad enough the first time the forum was deleted and there was no backup, but a second time? If there is anyway to lock the forum, that should be done instead of deleting it.

Also I think a heads up would be nice in the future. As a paid member, I don't like to see a forum completely gone and then get an explaination or notice after the fact. Give the members a weeks notice or more, so if there is any info in that forum we need, we can save it, since deleting the forum seems to be the way this site handles things. Thanx

Last edited by GS430 GUY; 10-28-02 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-28-02, 04:22 PM
Static911

GS430 GUY,

Put it this way, SRT and ClubLexus had/has a good relationship. Unfortunately, some external force made me remove their advertising rights on ClubLexus immediately. I hope you can figure out what the external force is to make me act quickly and swiftly without prior warning.

As for the information, I will see what we can do. Yes, the forum still exists (I wasn't that dumb in deleting it completely again). Most likely, we will move the threads to the appropriate forums.

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 10-28-02 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-28-02, 08:20 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Ethan, what is tis all about.... SRT and there forum was/is a major factor of CLubLexus. I can't see why you'd just wipe them out like that... What happened???
Old 10-28-02, 10:19 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Question

FWIW: I have no special insights here but I've been noodling this one over for a bit trying to think of who would do that. The only thing I can come up with is......

Lexus corporate. :eek:

Man! Could it really be? Can you shed any more light on this Ethan?
Old 10-28-02, 10:29 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Mr Johnson
Lexus corporate. :eek:

Man! Could it really be? Can you shed any more light on this Ethan?
That's what I was thinking too... But then if so, why?? And why would they get the boot like that?? Is "Lexus" that threatened by SRT and there products?? And anotherthing would Ethan really dump SRT like that at the request of Lexus and not anyother vendors??? IMO SRT has been good to us over here at CL and I'll continue to support then with any moves they make in the furure. Who knows maybe this is just a temporary thing....
Old 10-29-02, 12:17 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Static911
GS430 GUY,

Put it this way, SRT and ClubLexus had/has a good relationship. Unfortunately, some external force made me remove their advertising rights on ClubLexus immediately. I hope you can figure out what the external force is to make me act quickly and swiftly without prior warning.

As for the information, I will see what we can do. Yes, the forum still exists (I wasn't that dumb in deleting it completely again). Most likely, we will move the threads to the appropriate forums.

Ethan
I too am curious as to what the external force was? I have picked my brain and can't come up with a reason for them to be removed. Granted some complained about customer service, but other than that I see no reason to warrant their removal ASAP from this site.

As for the threads, I look forward to seeing them again, since so much useful information was in them for present and future SRT customers.

Trending Topics

Old 10-29-02, 08:59 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys Ethan cannot expand on "the outside force" right now but SRT was gracious enough to comply with the request.. All that will be said at this point is this will end up being for the best for ClubLexus and its members in the not too distant future..

Last edited by 2SAVVY; 10-29-02 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-29-02, 10:28 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

All I can do is :eek:
Old 10-29-02, 10:35 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Any lawyers in here I know we should be able to know more someone needs to SNITCH and tell I have to know I can't sleep now.............Just PM us and tell us one by one!!!
Old 10-30-02, 04:04 AM
Jazziz
Driver

Ethan please pass on to "the outside force" that SRT was there for us from the beginning when no one else was, not even our corporate maker. I take my hat off to Mo, Marken, and the SRT team for making available performance products to me where none had existed.
Old 10-30-02, 10:09 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Jazziz
Ethan please pass on to "the outside force" that SRT was there for us from the beginning when no one else was, not even our corporate maker. I take my hat off to Mo, Marken, and the SRT team for making available performance products to me where none had existed.
I'm telling you...