Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Moderators on the SC300/400 board

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-02, 02:48 AM
Ryan
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Moderators on the SC300/400 board

I figured if I didn't include the 300/400 part a moderator would move the post to a different section...

I am not attacking any individuals, just expressing how I am feeling.

Today I saw two actions by moderators that really didn't seem necessary. One was on the leather discounted buy and the other was some guy who posted a link to ebay for the sole purpose of showing us a wood shifter conversion that we have all been looking for, for years.

The issue I have here is intent. In the US we separate our law enforcement and judicial branch for a reason. On this forum, we do not have such a luxury.

For example: Am an driving down the road and I rapidly change lanes to avoid being hit by another driver. Some cop may decide to give me a ticket. At least in this situation I can contest it to a judge.

This brings me back to the forum. I feel that moderators not only have an obligation to enforce the rules, but to interpet them. We need people to use judgement and not just state the black and white.

My understanding of the ebay thing is that we want to avoid a bunch of spammers from trying to sell us everything and destroy the forum. The guy that posted it had every good intention in the world - he shouldn't even be told he is doing something wrong.

I have to look in my rear view mirror all the time driving down the freeway if I am going over 65. I think I should be able to cruise on this forum at 80 and have a moderator look, decide that the road is empty with good visability, and not bother me.

Just my 2 cents.

Ryan
Old 11-02-02, 03:21 AM
Static911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryan,

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/Mem...mberrules.html

We, (most of the moderators) talked over it and it would be best for ClubLexus to temporary ban all ebay links to make sure it is not abused. We figure, if the person would really want to share the information, they would copy and paste the information on to ClubLexus.

As for leather buy, it is a rebadged group buy. What I did not understand was why the person could not have used the "group buy" link located on top of the screen? There was massive abuse for group buys in the past. We have not closed it because we are allowing it to finish instead of just rushing in and closing it.

Thread is now closed. If you have any further concerns, please contact me via PM or email at ekay@clublexus.com

Thank you for your suggestions.

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 11-02-02 at 03:28 AM.