Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Why was bitkahuna's thread closed? (Don't move this thread)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-02, 10:35 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did your posts go LS? I guess in fairness I will remove mine then.

Last edited by jpa2400; 11-15-02 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-15-02, 10:38 PM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man...i was learning something from reading the "war on iraq" thread...lex400sc was making some good pointers which gave me total different views
Old 11-16-02, 01:47 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: ok.... I will concede to represent the lexus nato/un...

Originally posted by lex400sc

Yeah NAZTY, Bit, Sporty, GS430 Guy, and others, I hope you didn't take any of my cynicism to heart. That is just my style of debating when I can't debate in person. In person, my thoughts come out of my mouth as fast as I think them up. On the keyboard the transfer of thoughts is ten times slower, which makes it harder for me to tackle five or six opponents at a time and I lose patience with the silly arguments that I otherwise wouldn't get irritated with. No hard feelings .
No hard feelings at all, it was a spirited debate. I must say I had to put on my reading cap to get through all your replies I agree with your sentiments with respect to the moderators locking posts & moving them. Yep I'm agreeing with lex, believe it or not :eek:
Old 11-16-02, 02:45 AM
LexFather

Well I closed the Iraq thread. I think ya'll would agree I don't close too many threads. This one was close because I felt the opinons were being forced, not shared, as well as personal attacks. The other reason is I did not want the knuckleheads Daddy-O is talking about to jump in and add crap.

Daddy-O closed it, I re-opened it, then I re-closed it. If there are no personal attacks, I am sure no moderator would have any problem with the thread staying open.
Old 11-16-02, 02:45 AM
LexFather

BTW, it is re-opened due to popular demand
Old 11-17-02, 08:59 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

I'm really getting sick of Daddy-O "involving" himself in threads that he is not contributing one ounce into. All he does is undermines my arguements against a war with Iraq and it is clear that he supports fascist ideals of "controlling speech and opinion" and "centralized totalitarian control over everything". He has done nothing except thwart the forward development of the conversation in the Lobby. He doesn't add any relevant input except to make known his presence and his omnipotency. I will go as far as to say he, and he alone, is on a power trip. He draws very vague and exorbitant support of his actions in connection to the actual Forum Rules, which is even more disturbing. The fact that this thread has been locked, unlocked, relocked, and unlocked again numerous times---and each time a productive debate is detracted yet manages to survive with much member interest---is an open indication that moderator judgement (in this particular instance) is questionable.

I will say once again that I am not alone in this belief, that many silent members are also disapproving of this recent string of overmoderation. And the numbers of these annoyed members have grown very recently to dozens. I think some moderators need to re-evalutate the purpose of moderation, which is to help conversations flow, not bend them to their own liking. I don't even look forward to logging on to ClubLexus anymore because really, what's the point if you can't even speak your mind without someone like Daddy-O jocking your every post?
Old 11-17-02, 09:08 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

"what's the point if you can't even speak your mind without someone like Daddy-O jocking your every post?"

For some reason this isn't the first time I have heard this. Oh well, this is how CL is these days.

What did you say in your post that needed to be edited?

I checked this site about 3 times today just to see where the convo was going in this debate, now it is closed again?

Last edited by jpa2400; 11-17-02 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-17-02, 09:10 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Daddy-O
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/Mem...emberrules.html

Response to Comments

If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, do not respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility puts you in jeopardy, and puts you at risk for action against your account even if it’s another member’s fault. Members have two options of recourse:
I made very sure that I was adhering to Forum Rules in my replies. I did not offend or attack anyone. I made analogies, comparisons, connections, and posed questions that forced some members to re-evaluate their oultook on things because in my perspective they make very short-sighted observations, based on the fact that 100% of the time, I can counter arguements made against mine with more information that was either omitted or unbeknownst from their arguement. Somehow, these very thought provoking statements I make in response are seen as "offensive comments" and my posts are editted with entire paragraphs deleted. The fact that some moderator decided in a swift push of a button to delete an entire paragraph that took me time to think up and write down, is a comment they make in regards to me that is very offensive.

Originally posted by Daddy-O
1. Email the moderators of the forum in which the offensive comment is posted, directing them to the individual and thread in which the problem occurs. Use the "Notify a Moderator" button on the bottom of the offensive post to accomplish the same thing. Moderators will look into the issues and take the appropriate actions.
2. Resolve the problem between both of you via email or Private Message (PM).

If you have any questions, comment, or issue with a moderator, please contact the administrator at administrator@clublexus.com.
Once again, pasting in text from the Forum Rules to legitimize your course of action makes for a weak arguement when there is no correlation to what you did and what the rules state.