Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Why was bitkahuna's thread closed? (Don't move this thread)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-02, 07:32 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why was bitkahuna's thread closed? (Don't move this thread)

I'm growing increasingly concerned with the fascist control over the Lobby. We are now being told how to discuss topics, and told which pronouns are okay to use and which ones are not??? Then for no good reason whatsoever, Bitkahuna has a third thread that's been closed down within the last 24 hours? Is there a logic explanation for any of this over-moderation? I don't consider Bitkahuna the type to open up inappropriate threads, so please someone explain why the topic of world politics is so heavily guarded on the forums? If I'm not understanding the direction of these "discussion forums" then please enlighten me, someone.

With all that's going on recently, this thread will likely be deleted, or closed and moved to another less conspicous forum; However, I find it very relevant to the Lobby, which is where it should belong with an open uncensored discussion, the way it should be.

And I don't think that I am AT ALL alone in this belief...

Last edited by lex400sc; 11-15-02 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-15-02, 07:49 PM
4HUN
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that didn't take too long to get moved.....
Old 11-15-02, 08:06 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

wow...they're quick!
Old 11-15-02, 08:33 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Default lex400sc

I share your concerns and was somewhat bewildered that the earlier thread was closed because a moderator basically gave low marks for grammar in some cases and use of pronouns in probably all cases. This is a discussion forum, not an essay or seminar paper for college. Granted, in those cases, Is and Yous should not be used, but the thread in question was a discussion of opinions, which are always personal, thus making the usage of Is (at a minimum) rather appropriate.

Anyone know a guy named Fireplug?
Old 11-15-02, 08:41 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by link13
I share your concerns and was somewhat bewildered that the earlier thread was closed because a moderator basically gave low marks for grammar in some cases and use of pronouns in probably all cases.
Sorry, link,

While the post mentioned above was that last one in that particular thread, that thread was closed by another Moderator.

Regarding the first two of bitkahuna's posts closing, a couple of trolls from a site that bitkahuna linked to showed up and were banned. Some of their posts were deleted. Some were not. Those were closed by an S-Mod.

The third thread? That's an unknown that will take some looking into.
Old 11-15-02, 08:46 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

No explanation for why this was closed....
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=64683

Nor this...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=64605

The only one I can see having any reason for being closed was this one because this guy's website was being made fun of and he came here to defend it (if that is now grounds for closing a thread)...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=64607
Old 11-15-02, 08:49 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

"And I don't think that I am AT ALL alone in this belief..."

Nope your not. I posted in the past my concern on these types of things. For one I was enjoying the battle in the lobby, the whole part of debate is to see TWO sides....

These things are always moved to another forum and forgot about, that is how things are around here.

Trending Topics

Old 11-15-02, 08:56 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default ok.... I will concede to represent the lexus nato/un...

.....closing good threads should be forbidden,... i drove extra fast to get home to see what kinda kung-foolery Lex400SC had to say about my post

...he still managed to say somethin,...but still,... now I can't blast him back in a good lexus driver to lexus driver like way

...we were just about to get along,.....no need to stop the fun!
Old 11-15-02, 08:58 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

jpa2400, there are others here like you, many of them. They are just less vocal than you and I, but they are definitely out there. I've had a number of other members let me know about these same concerns in past months through PMs, IMs, and in person. Most of them don't post here much anymore, which is a shame because many of them were very active contributing members. Oh well, what can you do?
Old 11-15-02, 09:06 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: ok.... I will concede to represent the lexus nato/un...

Originally posted by NAZTY97
.....closing good threads should be forbidden,... i drove extra fast to get home to see what kinda kung-foolery Lex400SC had to say about my post

...he still managed to say somethin,...but still,... now I can't blast him back in a good lexus driver to lexus driver like way

...we were just about to get along,.....no need to stop the fun!
Yeah NAZTY, Bit, Sporty, GS430 Guy, and others, I hope you didn't take any of my cynicism to heart. That is just my style of debating when I can't debate in person. In person, my thoughts come out of my mouth as fast as I think them up. On the keyboard the transfer of thoughts is ten times slower, which makes it harder for me to tackle five or six opponents at a time and I lose patience with the silly arguments that I otherwise wouldn't get irritated with. No hard feelings .
Old 11-15-02, 09:18 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Default thread closure

The thread closure was looming for a while, which I thought was too bad. The discussion was entertaining and there was some degree of misunderstanding and what not, but I would say that no one was blatantly insulted based on what I read there.

The original thread was my first experience posting in the Lexus Lobby and will more than likely be my last. I will stick to the car forums instead.

I recently had an experience on another board (basketball-related) where one of the admins banned everyone who had any sort of disagreement with one of the regulars there. The closed threads here do not go to that extreme, but the premise is similar. There is a place for open discussion and it is clear that this forum is not one of them.
Old 11-15-02, 09:24 PM
brian3268
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I agree

Abcedefghij

Last edited by brian3268; 08-28-21 at 04:50 AM.
Old 11-15-02, 09:50 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

"However, what was even worse was the post by a mod which gave guidelines on pronoun usage...what is that supposed to mean? That members must now adhere to rules on pronouns and grammar? "

I have been on forums and BBS's since the early 90's, way before you got your AOL disk in the mail. Till this day sysop's and mod's are a annoyance, the only good boards I remember is where the owner of the board was the only mod.

I know some other Lexus site that is really jacked up, we all know what board, and I think at CL they are trying to stop that from happening. What I don't like is mods who do things out of control, I can deal with rude comments from any other member, but from someone who's job is to help run the board?

I seen mod's get rude with newbies about doing a search, why? You are suppose to be here to help, not to be rude. IF you want to be rude step down and just be a member. I am not pointing this at one person, there is many of them.

Things have not changed in 10+ years and this won't be the last board to do it, this is how things are.

A lot of people will say it is only the "new people" who complain about these things, I guess the old guard has a special place around here. If that is the case, just make this board private only to the old guard then.

People bring issues up here all the time, bam moved here for low visibility and if someone posts more they just close the thread and say take it up in PM. IF I was a paid member all these issues would really make me mad, but I am not so it is on those who are paid up, I will just continue to read and post my views

Last edited by jpa2400; 11-15-02 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-15-02, 09:53 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,410 Likes on 1,580 Posts

I'm surprised my poll was closed. I thought that was a good natured way to get some feedback.

There's a number of moderators on here with different styles, opinions, and views of what's tolerable.

It's a real shame that a thread with about 3 times as many views and posts as other popular threads in the lobby was closed. It's the most popular, interesting AND relevant thread in months.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 11-15-02 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-15-02, 10:08 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

"It's a real shame that a thread with about 3 times as many views and posts as other popular threads in the lobby was closed. It's the most popular, interesting AND relevant thread in months."

I always look forward to a Bit debate, just reading or debating against. Of all the junk talk on the Lobby we have many good conversations and this was one of them, and it was closed.

We all gather here because of our cars, but that is only one thing we have in common, many of us like to chat and debate with other people with similar interests.

Last edited by jpa2400; 11-15-02 at 10:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Why was bitkahuna's thread closed? (Don't move this thread)