Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

CL Site Malware thread (fixed, please let us know if you see issues)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-12, 06:28 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Nolan
Sorry for the delay guys. The site had some malicious script embeded and it was removed earlier today. The request to Google to reevaluate the site takes several hours to clear and it seems some of you aren't seeing it come up any longer so it must have went through.

The malicious script was not harmful and merely was registering a pageview on another site that the individual who inserted it was generating income from. We appreciate your patience through all this and have taken preventative measures to protect the site.
Out of curiosity.... Who besides Dave and the IB people has access to embed a script like that into the site.

Was this from an Ad? Or direct into the VB code?
Old 11-07-12, 11:04 AM
cl206
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default virus?!?!

Hey guys at my home laptops I use the avg2013 antivirus thingy and it says that this site is an attack site with the red window. But I am currently checking this site from work. Can anyone confirm what the heck is going on? I didn't use to get that red warning page before at home. Just recently? Okay if I don't post back today it is probably due to that red warning again.
thanks!
Old 11-07-12, 12:04 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,924 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Google reported various Trojan Horses and spyware had infiltrated this web site. It supposedly appeared on 4 or 5 pages that were surveyed. I would guess the site IT guys have cleared up the problem, because the warning is no longer present when I go to this site.

On a separate note, it amazes me, the lengths that some people will take to swindle folks out of their money and screw up their electronics, their credit and their lives I will never understand that

Lou
Old 11-07-12, 03:40 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

I am posting from my phone cause I don't trust CL right now.
My Norton also prompted me about a virus exploit last Sun while on my pc at home. It said it blocked it. It was called web attack exploit toolkit website 33. went into my Norton history and it gives you details about the blocking. The attacker url is turist.shaha....com and then a whole bunch of scrambledletters. I then ran anti malwarebytes in safe mode and could not find anything.

Let me also say that I had this same problem a few months ago, Norton blocked it just seconds of CL loading. Both times this has happened without me signing in too. When it happpen a few months ago it took me days to get rid of the malware on my system. It was from an infected ad I beilieve from this site because the problem occurred right after I got this block from Norton after visiting this site.

I love coming to this site and have been a long time contributor but the site is ad intensitve. I know it helps with the cost but there are a lot of ads here. Someone needs to somehow monitor the ads weekly if not monthly for stuff getting thru to its customer base. For now I won't use my pc anymore to visit CL.

Thank you.
Old 11-08-12, 05:07 AM
LexFather

^^^ I've been posting from my phone since.
Old 11-08-12, 06:21 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
Out of curiosity.... Who besides Dave and the IB people has access to embed a script like that into the site.

Was this from an Ad? Or direct into the VB code?
Not you.......
Old 11-08-12, 07:08 AM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm getting a lot of malware warnings. These are different from the old warnings that were apparently "fixed" yesterday. My avast antivirus is saying every page that I load on CL is malware... I don't trust these ads on the side of CL, I never remember them being there before but ever since I've been getting malware warnings.
Old 11-08-12, 08:28 AM
TravyTrav
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The site keeps redirecting me to a spam website, whats happening?
Old 11-08-12, 08:54 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm getting weird URLs for CL... And it's SUPER WIDE

Old 11-08-12, 09:15 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Someone messing with the formatting for the site??? Even the URL names have been hacked up.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...issues-10.html
Old 11-08-12, 09:48 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I just logged on to the forum and the width of each screen is so wide i cant read anything with out major tabing and movine the slider. I cant fine anyway to adjust the settings like word wrap
I also note syntex on top where adds were to be not readable
Old 11-08-12, 09:59 AM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Same here its really wide.

I don't know if this has anything to do with this, but my Facebook account had someone trying to log in at Whittier, CA on the same day all the malicious problem poped up on CL
Old 11-08-12, 10:01 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I booted and re booted same issue the window is way large and i have to slide the panel slider all the way to right and then left to be able to view also have a whole series of letters when site opens its above the adds. Cant easily navigate to use the site.My other forums are fine so it has to be CL site
Old 11-08-12, 11:56 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Same here, everything is super wide and messed up url.
Old 11-08-12, 12:26 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, the formatting problem is fixed for me.