Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

multiple pics in one post

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-04, 09:56 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,337 Likes on 1,423 Posts
Default Re: getting pictures from camera to computer to club lexus

Originally posted by 3dog
is compact flash the same as the memory card?

Yes it is. To be certain you get the right one, pop the memory card out of your camera and take it with you to BB.
Old 01-27-04, 01:50 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The multi reader is great. I have the same one that Dave has. If there is a CostCo near you and you have membership, they have those for $28. There is also this one which a friend of mine has that seems to work pretty well too:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...44729?v=glance
Old 01-27-04, 04:40 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Re: getting pictures from camera to computer to club lexus

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Yes it is. To be certain you get the right one, pop the memory card out of your camera and take it with you to BB.
thanks again since it's 0430 in the morning i'll do that before i head out for work.

ivan
Old 01-27-04, 08:04 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Smile pictures to gallery

okay i got the San Disk and thought i would go crazy opening that package.

now i've got the pictures all the way onto the computer. how do i get them into the gallery so that i can try to follow dex's instructions to get them into the thread.

thanks for the help guys i feel so ignorant of this stuff.

ivan
Old 01-27-04, 10:30 PM
Neo
The One

Click the "gallery" button at the top of the page. Once there, you should see a link at the top left of the page titled "Upload Photos". Click it. In the upload page, click the "Browse" button to locate the image you want to load onto your gallery (the Choose a category should be set to "Clublexus Member Galleries" which I believe is the default). Once done selecting, click the "Upload/Submit" button.

This should get you started.
Old 01-28-04, 04:47 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Neo
Click the "gallery" button at the top of the page. Once there, you should see a link at the top left of the page titled "Upload Photos". Click it. In the upload page, click the "Browse" button to locate the image you want to load onto your gallery (the Choose a category should be set to "Clublexus Member Galleries" which I believe is the default). Once done selecting, click the "Upload/Submit" button.

This should get you started.
thank you i'll give it a try this evening

don't have time right now 0430

ivan
Old 01-28-04, 08:15 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Default getting photos to gallery

i'm stumped i've been trying for over an hour to get my photo to the gallery. i have no idea what i'm doing right or wrong. i thank i managed to email one but haven't heard back from recipient.

where do i have to send the photo from on my computer?
Old 01-28-04, 08:56 PM
Neo
The One

Default Re: getting photos to gallery

where do i have to send the photo from on my computer?
Sorry you're having so much trouble. You don't need to "send" it anywhere. When you are in that Upload Photos page, you use the Browse button to tell the upload where to get the image. When you click the Browse button, a dialog should pop up to let you navigate to the image you want to load. Once you select that image and the dialog goes away, click the Upload/Submit button and the image will be uploaded to CL. Depending on the connection, this upload process may take a little time.

Last edited by Neo; 01-28-04 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-29-04, 04:44 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Re: Re: getting photos to gallery

Originally posted by Neo
Sorry you're having so much trouble. You don't need to "send" it anywhere. When you are in that Upload Photos page, you use the Browse button to tell the upload where to get the image. When you click the Browse button, a dialog should pop up to let you navigate to the image you want to load. Once you select that image and the dialog goes away, click the Upload/Submit button and the image will be uploaded to CL. Depending on the connection, this upload process may take a little time.
okay i think i'm doing that. i hit the browse and the dialog comes up and then i click the dialog but nothing happens after that. ( no picture pops up ) i hit the upload suubmit botton and i get a thing that says incorrect format.

the closest i think i came was when i got an image on my network places which gives me an icon on my computer screen and then displays thats picture when i click it. well when i did the process you describe i got to the dialog clicked the network places and then submit/upload. then it took about ten minutes during which i was hoping it was uploading but then when it was done nothing was there.

i know i'm getting closer but i know i'm doing something wrong.

my wife was helping last night as she got tired of not seeing me.

she is leaving town friday so i can spend the whole weekend on this if need be. i want to learn how to do this.

thanks for being patient with me
ivan

Last edited by 3dog; 01-29-04 at 04:44 AM.
Old 01-29-04, 09:19 AM
Neo
The One

Default Re: Re: Re: getting photos to gallery

OK. Getting closer.
okay i think i'm doing that. i hit the browse and the dialog comes up and then i click the dialog but nothing happens after that. ( no picture pops up ) i hit the upload suubmit botton and i get a thing that says incorrect format.

the closest i think i came was when i got an image on my network places which gives me an icon on my computer screen and then displays thats picture when i click it. well when i did the process you describe i got to the dialog clicked the network places and then submit/upload. then it took about ten minutes during which i was hoping it was uploading but then when it was done nothing was there.
What kind of image are you trying to load? what is the extension on the file name? .jpg? .bmp? .tif? and so on.

After Browse, no pic should show up but only a pathname displayed to the left of it. This path is the location of the image. It actually won't load until you submit.

I am not understanding the "network places" comment. In Browse, you should be looking at the local (your) hard drive which is where I assume you downloaded the pics from the camera.

From what I can gather, CL is not able to understand the type of file/image you are trying to upload. Let's figure out why.
Old 01-29-04, 05:31 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Unhappy download

i have the photo in a my documents file on my computer i just tryed to download it from there and after i hit the submit botton it took a long time to process so i thought it went but once again nothing.

it has this JPEG size 333 KB

attributes normal

now when i hit browse in the cl download gallery should my documents come up

the networkplaces comment is an icon on my screen that when i click it on this picture pops onto the screen . i also see my network places when i hit that browse on the download attempt.

i know so little about computers i feel over my head even trying to describe what i just said.

Last edited by 3dog; 01-29-04 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-29-04, 10:47 PM
Neo
The One

Default Re: download

i have the photo in a my documents file on my computer i just tryed to download it from there and after i hit the submit botton it took a long time to process so i thought it went but once again nothing.
After clicking the Submit button, did you get a page that looks like this:
Attached Thumbnails multiple pics in one post-photopost_small.jpg  
Old 01-30-04, 04:40 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Unhappy pictures

no. nothing at all

i wonder if the download from the camera to photosuite to computer is right.

i seem to not have control of where the pictures end up on my computer

i have a program (photosuite) that came with my camera (canon sureshot s230 digital elph) but it seems really limited and difficult to do anything with.

i got the san disk thing to tfr pictures from camera to the photosuite. and they are getting there. from there somehow i got a picture into my documents on my computer but i can.t tfr from there to club lexus or e-mail.

do you think i need a better photo software program?

sorry thanks for your patience i feel about ready to just give up. i am so frustrated. i don't know how many hours i've spent this week on this.

anyway i'll keep trying
thanks for your help
ivan
Old 01-30-04, 09:30 AM
Neo
The One

Default Re: pictures

no. nothing at all

i wonder if the download from the camera to photosuite to computer is right.

i seem to not have control of where the pictures end up on my computer

i have a program (photosuite) that came with my camera (canon sureshot s230 digital elph) but it seems really limited and difficult to do anything with.

i got the san disk thing to tfr pictures from camera to the photosuite. and they are getting there. from there somehow i got a picture into my documents on my computer but i can.t tfr from there to club lexus or e-mail.

With the SanDisk, you should not even need photosuite for doing what you are doing. Let's try this from scratch.

1. Make sure the SanDisk is plugged into a USB port on your computer.
2. Plug in your CompactFlash (CF) card
3. Find the drive that the CF is assigned to.
4. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder that has the pics you want.
5. Create a new folder on your computer (usually on the C: drive) to hold the pics, for example
(and for the rest of this post) c:\MyPics. Use whatever name or path you like.
6. Select the pics on the CF, copy it.
7. Paste it into c:\MyPics.

This should have gotten the pics onto your computer.

Go to c:\MyPics. Do you see your image files there? If so, doubleclick on the image. What happens? Did an imaging program come up and displayed your image? If so then you are OK with getting the image to the computer.

If all this is fine, go through the steps above to get the images in c:\MyPics to CL. When you click on the Browse button in the upload page, navigate to c:\MyPics in the dialog that pops up, click on the image you want to upload, and click OK. Once you are back in the upload page, you should see in the text box next to the Browse button the pathname of your image, something like c:\MyPics\image01.jpg. (The actual name would be your image name. This is just an example.)

If this is true, then click the submit button. You should then get the page I showed above. Add comments if you want, and then click the Process Files button.

We'll get you through this yet. The computer is your friend.
Old 01-30-04, 05:31 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Default posting pictures

okay first question and remember i am a complete novice and feel like an idiot with the computer.

how do i find the drive the CF is assigned to?

next question and i know i should know this one, how do i find windows explorer? is that the icon i click to get on the internet. kind of a round blue e

and then one more, what is and where is the Cdrive?

thank you so much i know i would have given up by now if you wern't helping me

Quick Reply: multiple pics in one post