Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

multiple pics in one post

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-04, 10:06 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: posting pictures

OK. Questions at this level are tricky since everyone's computer is configured a little differently. I don;t have Windows ME so I cannot show you the actual step-by-step since the names of objects may be slightly different. I'll try to give you generalities but you may need to get your wife or daughter involved just to put these generalities to your actual setup.
Originally posted by 3dog
what is and where is the Cdrive?
All the "stuff", including the operating systems, applications, documents, and so on, on your computer needs to go somewhere. Typically, It goes on a local hard drive which is normally designated C:

Do you have an icon on your desktop that says something like "My Computer"? If so, double click it. It will show the different drives and storage devices currently on your machine. C: should be one of them.

how do i find the drive the CF is assigned to?
This is another thing that depends on your configuration. If you were able to get to the "My Computer" icon, you should see other drives, including your CD or DVD drives if you have them or your Sandisk if it is attached. These are usually designated by other letters such as D:, E:, F:, and so on.

Depending on how many drives are on your computer, one of those should be the one for the CF. The simplest way is by process of elimination. Double click on them until you see some content. You should also see some drives with nothing (if you bought the 8-in-one Sandisk, or 6-in-one). If you bought a CF only, then these other drive letters should not show up.

how do i find windows explorer? is that the icon i click to get on the internet. kind of a round blue e
The blue e is Internet Explorer which is an internet browser that lets you (among other things) navigate the internet.

What you need is Windows Explorer which lets you navigate your local storage drives. If there is no icon on your desktop, try clicking on Start at the lower left. Sometimes it is in that menu. If not try clicking start again and see if there is a Programs or All Programs submenu. Select that. Sometimes Windows Explorer is among these listings. Another place to try is Start->All Programs->Accessories. It may be in there.

Note: There are two ways to navigate your local files. One is this Windows Explorer. The other is the "My Computer" window. If you were able to do the latter as decribed above, you really don't need to worry about finding Windows Explorer (unless you want to).

okay first question and remember i am a complete novice and feel like an idiot with the computer.
thank you so much i know i would have given up by now if you wern't helping me
No prob. We were all there at one point or another.

Last edited by Neo; 01-30-04 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-31-04, 05:08 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up up load photo

Hey neo check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...cat=500&page=1

finally success, hurray hurray!!!!!!!!!!!! i followed your instructions to find the drive for the CF. i found the "my computer icon" and then found out that on this computer it was F drive. anyway i followed your instructions and it worked. i am so excited i just can't believe that i can finally post pictures on club lexus. this is a day to remember.

my next task is to get the picture from the gallery to the chrome trunk bar thread from which all this got started.

neo thank you. i really was ready to just give up. can i pm you if i have any more questions. ivan
Old 01-31-04, 05:19 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: up load photo

my next task is to get the picture from the gallery to the chrome trunk bar thread from which all this got started.

neo thank you. i really was ready to just give up. can i pm you if i have any more questions. ivan
Fantastic.

To get pics from the gallery to the thread, follow the instructions at the beginning of this thread. As for future, sure feel free to PM me.
Old 02-08-04, 05:53 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile pictures

here is a picture to prove i learned how to do it . god i feel like doing some doughnuts and burning up some rubber

thank you to everyone who helped
Attached Thumbnails multiple pics in one post-15331img_0001-med.jpg