Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

multiple pics in one post

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-03, 05:22 AM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default multiple pics in one post

Please advise how to post multiple pics in one post. Thanks.

MAC
Old 02-11-03, 06:18 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Mac,

Post them in the gallery first, then use the IMG button above to refer to the URL of the pictures you have there.

If you don't know how to do the 'properties' thing and get the URL, reply here and I'll point you to a post in the site suggestions where I replied with how to do it.

Moving this question there now.
Old 02-11-03, 02:35 PM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Dave,

Thanks. I'll try that next time but could you point me in the right direction anyway? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

MAC
Old 02-11-03, 03:03 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do it like this - like you do your sig hsoting from the Gallery:

STEP 1

Right click on your picture in the Gallery to get its Properties.
Attached Thumbnails multiple pics in one post-getting-the-picture-properties.gif  
Old 02-11-03, 03:07 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

STEP 2

Once you have the Properties captured (select with curson and Control+C)

Click on the IMG button when making the Post, the Paste (Control+V) the http address into the box.
Attached Thumbnails multiple pics in one post-putting-the-url-in-the-img-tag.gif  
Old 02-11-03, 03:12 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

You can do STEP 2 as many times as you'd like to get multiple picture within the same Post. They justy have to be 'hosted' somewhere.

Like this.

Right Click on this picture to see where it is being Hosted.

Old 02-11-03, 03:22 PM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Got it. Thank you both.

MAC
Old 01-25-04, 03:50 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up posting pictures

i am so confused. no i don't know how to get pictures from camera to computer. the 16 yr old who lives here hopefully will be home from his dads tonight and i think he knows how to do that and plus i think he can follow these directions to post the pictures.

i know once i'm walked through it in person. it won't seem impossible to me. my wife showed me how to copy and paste the other day and that was thrilling.

guys you've offered alot of information

i know we'll get there, i can tell you guys are very helpful and want to see pictures. i do too as i know how important than are.

thanks to everyone
ivan

Last edited by 3dog; 01-25-04 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-25-04, 03:59 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

For many cameras, its very much like copy and paste. You connect a small cable from your camera to your USB port on your PC and turn the camera on.

Go into Windows explorer and you'll see the camera show up as a new disk drive (like E. You can browse the pictures on the camera by clicking on them OR you can copy/paste them all into a new directory and look at them there.

This is a pretty generic description... but should work for most cameras. Both my Sony and Canon can be accessed this way.
Old 01-25-04, 04:04 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

thanks i've got a canon powershot S230 now i've got to find the small cable it doesn't seem to be in the case.
Old 01-25-04, 04:09 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
For many cameras, its very much like copy and paste. You connect a small cable from your camera to your USB port on your PC and turn the camera on.

Go into Windows explorer and you'll see the camera show up as a new disk drive (like E. You can browse the pictures on the camera by clicking on them OR you can copy/paste them all into a new directory and look at them there.

This is a pretty generic description... but should work for most cameras. Both my Sony and Canon can be accessed this way.
I have the same laptop as you Dave (T30), and my company does not allow me to download any software. Something worked really well for me was a memory card reader from Best Buy. Simply plug it in the USB port, and the E drive pops up and I can access the pics right there, without any software!

I think it was 20-25 bucks, just FYI
Old 01-25-04, 04:13 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: posting pictures

Originally posted by 3dog
no i don't know how to get pictures from camera to computer.
What kind of camera is it? What kind of OS is on the machine? WinXP? Win2000? WinME? ... What Dave described should work pretty well for most cameras. Some OS/camera combination will require some driver installation since the device (camera) may not be supported natively by the OS. These drivers are usually on a CD that came with the camera. Otherwise, they can usually be found on the manufacturer's website's support area.

Once the OS and camera can talk to eachother, then you will most likely be in the scenario Dave described.

I have found that the camera to machine interface is not always consistent between manufacturers. This is an issue if you have more than one digital camera. I have found it useful to have a stand-alone reader for the memory card of your camera (if you have the kind that takes a card). I have a multicard-reader and it works out pretty well. For me, it does not matter what camera the photos are taken with, I just need the memory card and I pop it into the reader. You can actually find these multicard readers for about $20 (on sale) now a days.

Good luck. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Edit: Both you (3Dog) and D replied while I was typing this up but most of the info is still relevant.

Last edited by Neo; 01-25-04 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-25-04, 04:16 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Smile

it is windows ME

thought i found the cable but it is wrong one

i did find a cd disk that i downloaded that came with the camera, it looks like it will get the pictures into the computer.

i looked for the cable to the computer but it is not to be found anywhere so i'll go buy a new one after work today.

Last edited by 3dog; 01-26-04 at 04:31 AM.
Old 01-26-04, 11:36 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by 3dog
it is windows ME

thought i found the cable but it is wrong one

i did find a cd disk that i downloaded that came with the camera, it looks like it will get the pictures into the computer.

i looked for the cable to the computer but it is not to be found anywhere so i'll go buy a new one after work today.
If you're going to buy the cable,. you should probably look into the little device that D recommended above, which may be cheaper. I've got one and it works great, you just remove the compactflash from your camera and put it into the device.

Since I also have a Sony (which uses memory stick) in addition to my Canon G5 (which uses compactflash like your S230), I bought a universal one which reads 4 different media types... you just need the one that does compact flash.

Got mine at best buy, made by Sandisk "ImageMate 8 in 1" Think it was $35 - 40. The single reader variety should be cheaper.

Access is exactly the same as I mention above for the camera once you get it plugged in. I see a new drive for each of the media types in Windows exporer.

Here's a link to a single card version http://www.sandisk.com/retail_usb2_reader_writer.html
Here's the one I have http://www.sandisk.com/retail_eightinone.html

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-26-04 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-26-04, 06:23 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Smile getting pictures from camera to computer to club lexus

Originally posted by DaveGS4
If you're going to buy the cable,. you should probably look into the little device that D recommended above, which may be cheaper. I've got one and it works great, you just remove the compactflash from your camera and put it into the device.

Since I also have a Sony (which uses memory stick) in addition to my Canon G5 (which uses compactflash like your S230), I bought a universal one which reads 4 different media types... you just need the one that does compact flash.

Got mine at best buy, made by Sandisk "ImageMate 8 in 1" Think it was $35 - 40. The single reader variety should be cheaper.

Access is exactly the same as I mention above for the camera once you get it plugged in. I see a new drive for each of the media types in Windows exporer.

Here's a link to a single card version http://www.sandisk.com/retail_usb2_reader_writer.html
Here's the one I have http://www.sandisk.com/retail_eightinone.html
thanks for the advice, "best buy" is where i'm going to go. i'll check that out, is compact flash the same as the memory card? if its not, what is it?

i ended up working really late and had a problem at home with some lights so i've got to put this off until tomorrow, or the next day when work will be back to normal.

i just looked at the link for the single card version and it is about 20 bucks at best buy. i'll probably pick one up that sounds like a good way to go.

i'm really looking forward to getting into this digital camera stuff. i bought the thing a year ago at christmas thinking the kids would go crazy with it and i would learn from them. but they've ignored it. now i've got a compelling reason to use it, posting pictures on club lexus.

thanks again for you help.

i'll get these pictures up i can feel it happening soon

Last edited by 3dog; 01-26-04 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: multiple pics in one post