Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Poor user experience - this site eats your computer alive

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-15, 02:58 PM
parasitius
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor user experience - this site eats your computer alive

To give some perspective, I have 100+ tabs open for work that have been open for weeks, and my machine has enough memory and CPU to perform without issues. The fan never kicks in. Out in the wild of the internet there are few absolutely atrocious sites that have been poorly QAed or are just to spammy in general that will eat 99% CPU in Chrome task manager and cause my fan to kick in full blast. If I have 99 tabs open to work related stuff, and just one tab open on this forum to the pictures thread, I will have this problem and everything else I'm trying to do grinds to a hault. It is unbelievable! Yes you can offer some random suggestions like clearing the cache rebooting whathaveyou but remember this is the ONLY SITE I am visit that causes these issues, so it is like trying to lay the blame on merely tangential factors.

I've contacted Google about this site specifically and asked them to do some sort of either browser optimization to detect poorly engineered sites and prevent them from getting more than a limited amount of CPU OR to sanction such sites by doing something similar to the scary warning screen they set up in front of trojan horse sites - at a minimum - at least to offer an INCENTIVE to those who are profiting off of their users' misery.

Thanks and hope this feedback can be constructive.
Old 07-27-15, 05:56 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

A few questions:

1) What is the specific 'pictures thread' URL you're referencing?
2) Does this issue occur on other pages on Club Lexus if the pictures thread is not open?
3) Are you logged onto Club Lexus when you are viewing the page that causes issues under your member account, or are you viewing the page not logged in?
4) Can you please post a screenshot of your Chrome task manager showing both this page and the one that causes you problems open and the associated metrics (and a couple of the other 100 pages)?

and suggestions:
1) Not telling you how to do your work but 100+ tabs open is really inefficient, close some of those suckers down
2) Suggest you run adblocker for Chrome

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-27-15 at 06:01 PM.