Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Prem. Gold Member??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-03, 04:08 PM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prem. Gold Member??

Did I miss something? How do I become a "Prem. Gold Member"? Are there dues that need to be paid or is it a certain amount posts that certify you as such??

Thanks-

Doug
Old 04-16-03, 06:09 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does this mean that without the gold membership I cannot get my thread and forums subscriptions and email notification?
Old 04-16-03, 09:45 AM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

Originally posted by Richie
Does this mean that without the gold membership I cannot get my thread and forums subscriptions and email notification?
Richie, sorry about that. You are a gold member...but I forgot to apply the settings to your account yesterday. You have gold membership now.
Old 04-16-03, 10:46 AM
2Lexos
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

i used to be a paid member.....what happened?
Old 04-16-03, 11:07 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Originally posted by 2Lexos
i used to be a paid member.....what happened?
Very likely your membership was paid more than a year ago and it expired. In the future we hope to have the membership expiration dates published for self-review, but if you think the expiration was in error, you can contact ekay@clublexus.com
Old 04-16-03, 02:04 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LS400
Richie, sorry about that. You are a gold member...but I forgot to apply the settings to your account yesterday. You have gold membership now.
So it's just like the old gold membership.
Sorry for the questions, I was a bit confused.
Old 04-17-03, 09:43 AM
lexusnexus
Pole Position

.....you have got to be kidding ! that's like Google charging money to search on the web....I might consider the membership if it had a function that was actually useful, buddy lists, and discounts ??? and it last's for just a year ? yeah right ? bring something substantial to table for a $120 membership, not cheesy items like that...

...don't get all mad with this post now.....but you'd have better response from people if the fee was either smaller or not an annual expense....
Old 04-17-03, 09:05 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by lexusnexus
.....you have got to be kidding ! that's like Google charging money to search on the web....I might consider the membership if it had a function that was actually useful, buddy lists, and discounts ??? and it last's for just a year ? yeah right ? bring something substantial to table for a $120 membership, not cheesy items like that...

...don't get all mad with this post now.....but you'd have better response from people if the fee was either smaller or not an annual expense....
Not mad at all, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

MY opinion is that I get more than $120 in value out of ClubLexus every year, even before I was a moderator. I don't know how Google is funded, but running ClubLexus isn't free. Ethan puts a LOT of personal money out of pocket to keep CL up, hosted, upgraded, coded, etc. I (and many others) spend enough time here that I personally don't mind pitching in to help out to keep it going.

I'm not a paid employee of CL, I'm a willing volunteer. I'm the type that licenses shareware I use every day and pitches in to help out my local community. I don't expect everyone to do that, but it feels like the right thing to do personally. I get more out of it than just that, though.

- I save more than that each year in discounts on items from our CL vendors each year
- I save much more than that in learning about my mods before I do them so I don't screw them up, etc.

The article Gene linked doesn't go into much detail, but the back end of the CL Library for Gold members is looking VERY impressive.

- You get full access to detail of Technical Service Bulletins for our Lexus cars. Places like Alldata.com charge $25 just for this information.
- You get full access to Lexus Service Manuals, also not cheap if you buy them
- There are more & better DIY articles (still being added to)
- Specific Technical Tips articles for Lexus models
- An aftermarket parts catalog is being prepared with extensive reviews and recommendations / ratings

Bottom line - I think it's worth it and encourage others to join and help keep CL alive and running. You can get to the CL store and get your membership by clicking HERE.

And thank you to those that do.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-17-03 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-18-03, 04:30 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Very well said Dave!!

I second that whole heartedly! The value I get from CL surpasses the $120.00 I have paid for all the reasons that Dave mentioned especially this one:

- I save much more than that in learning about my mods before I do them so I don't screw them up, etc.

and like Dave said, it is the right thing to do!! I am pretty sure without CL, my car would not be as satisfying to drive and be seen in as it is today and that means the world to me.

Last edited by Hameed; 04-18-03 at 04:30 AM.
Old 06-07-04, 11:19 AM
GGP4me
Driver

Default How do I renew?

Hello,

(Sorry for reviving an old thread)

I must have recently had my Premium Gold Membership expire. How do I renew?
IIRC we used to be able to go through the CL store for this, but that link doesnt do it anymore. I would like to continue to support this place.

BTW I dont recall if I received such a notice that membership expired... Is there suppose to be such a system that was to notify me?

Please advise

Thanks
Old 06-07-04, 11:39 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

With our upcoming upgrade we're going to change many things including memberships and how we get support from our members (thank you).

We're likely going to shift from a paid membership to a pure donation method (click to donate) and open up the technical bulletins, etc to all members to share the value of them.

So... hold tight for a couple more months while we get it all in place! If you need something from the documents you have have used in the CL Library, let me know via PM.
Old 06-10-04, 07:44 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

DAVE, thanks for the reply post. as you may remember i've been waiting, and waiting...
and waiting for membership info or for the upgrade. guess it's still in the works, but at
least i know it didn't fall off the table.
great job, as always.
much appreciated.
-d.
Old 06-10-04, 08:58 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Thumbs up

Originally posted by DaveGS4
With our upcoming upgrade we're going to change many things including memberships and how we get support from our members (thank you).

We're likely going to shift from a paid membership to a pure donation method (click to donate) and open up the technical bulletins, etc to all members to share the value of them.

So... hold tight for a couple more months while we get it all in place! If you need something from the documents you have have used in the CL Library, let me know via PM.
This is great news! I was fine with the old membership prices, but I had a hard time with the new amounts. Now I can pitch in and help with what money I have free instead of nothing at all because the initial price point was too high for me.

Keep up the great work guys and lets keep this the best car forum on the web!