Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

loss of pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-16, 11:49 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts
Default loss of pictures

I just changed pcs from an old pc running XP to one running W10. My web browser was and still is Chrome. For some reason, the new Chrome will not display the pictures on our forum. (I can run MS Edge and they come up fine.) I don't see a security setting for that, does anyone know what setting I need to change to fix this? (Pictures are a pretty important part of this forum!)

I should be able to resolve this but for some reason I'm just not seeing what the problem is.
Old 01-30-16, 12:21 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

Are you running internet explorer or Microsoft edge?

Edge is the default in Win10
Old 01-30-16, 06:10 PM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Harold57
I just changed pcs from an old pc running XP to one running W10. My web browser was and still is Chrome. For some reason, the new Chrome will not display the pictures on our forum. (I can run MS Edge and they come up fine.) I don't see a security setting for that, does anyone know what setting I need to change to fix this? (Pictures are a pretty important part of this forum!)

I should be able to resolve this but for some reason I'm just not seeing what the problem is.
Check this out, might have a solution. Seems this is fairly common, but multiple causes.

https://productforums.google.com/for...me/pQqB0UYCHMU

XP to Windows 10 huh, huge jump.

Oddly for some reason, when I try to view ShawnOK's posted pictures, I can see them in the thread as thumbnails but when I click on them to enlarge they never show up. Only seems to happen with his pictures.
Old 01-30-16, 06:37 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...do=editoptions

Make sure the 'show images' box is checked in your forum profile in the Thread Display Options section
Old 01-30-16, 06:39 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

In regards to my pictures. Try holding CTRL when clicking. There have been instances in which when I click on my own photos it opens them in a new window. Your browser might see this as a popup and block it.
Old 01-31-16, 02:23 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

BGW, I'm using Chrome (by Google), not a MS product

Retroplay, yes my old pc was definitely old. The new pc is quite a nice change except for the upbringing pains. That is a good link you sent but the suggestions I tried didn't help.

Dave, my show images box is checked.

I guess that if I have to, I can always go back to the MS products, since the pictures showed up there. (This is kind of annoying! Thanks Microsoft.)

Thanks for all the suggestions, let me know if you come up with any others. (The pictures are still not coming up.)

What is strange is that the thumbnail/signature of folks' cars do show up, just not the pictures that they attach. BGW's & Shawn's cars shows up in their thumb nail, along with Dave's graphics but not attachments. What is even more strange is that Cole's picture showed up in the "picture game" thread (post # 70) but no others.

Last edited by Harold57; 01-31-16 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Had extra thoughts
Old 01-31-16, 08:07 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Harold,

Try deleting the cookies / cache from your Chrome browser.

I use Chrome as well - no issues with images.
Old 02-01-16, 08:08 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Good suggestion but no luck after trying that either. I ran Chrome on my old machine too without issue. This is really strange.