Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Posting Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-03, 04:18 PM
Phil
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posting Pictures

Would someone please help me out? I CANNOT figure out how to post a picture on this forum. Someone was nice enough to send me a very lenghthy (and complicated to me) note telling me how, but I am just too thick headed to get it figured out. I thought it would be as easy as finding the file, copy and paste, but ohhhh no, ya gotta jump thru hoops.

If someone would send me an easy to follow method to post pictures, I would be sincerely appreciative. Give me a break now, I am 61, but think like I am 90......

Phil

Old 05-03-03, 05:12 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Don't worry about it, sometimes the brain just locks up. Now lets get some information out,

Is the picture on your computer or hosted at another site and on the internet already?

1) If it's on your computer just look below a tad bit where you would normally type in what you would say to post onto the site and there will be this button that says "Browse..."

1a) Click on that button and find the file you want, be careful though, maximum size to select has to be less that 100K. Only pictures can be selected.

1b) After you select the file it should look something similair where it has the path of the file in the text box next to the button "Browse..."

1c) Now that you have the file selected and the message to post to the forum just press submit reply and VOLIA, the picture along with the intended message will be on this thread.

Now second, if you have the picture already on the internet and you want to post it here it's much easier

2) Up where there is this {B} {I} {U} button there is SIZE FONT COLOR

below that there is a button that says {IMG}

Click on that button and then type in the URL of the picture. Then press okay and it'll look something like this

[.IMG]www.picture.com/pictureurl[/IMG]

But if you notice i have a period right before my first IMG tag, that is so it won't really use the tag and i can show you what it should look like when you type it up.

I hope i've helped you. It might be incomplete in some sections, but just holla and i'll get you more information. Peace!

Btw: Your still pretty young at 61!
Old 05-03-03, 05:43 PM
Phil
Driver

Thank you for responding vraa.............My pics are in a folder, in the computer. I checked the size of one pic and found it was 808K. Now how do I reduce its size to get it posted? It is just a pic of my ride, but wanted to post it.

Thanks, Phil
Old 05-03-03, 10:37 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

No problem Phil.

What kind of graphic utilities do you have? They should be able to scale the picture.

http://www.imageresizer.com/

try that, i haven't used it but what i would do is maybe make the picture 800*600 or something and see if the file size decreases.
Old 05-04-03, 07:32 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Phil,

You've got a couple of options on posting the pictures once you get them resized...

1) you can 'attach' them to the post you are making. You can just do one picture at a time that way.
2) you can upload them to the gallery, then put a link to the picture in your post.

There are a number of good resizing tools out there, if you're using a digital camera, it probably came with some software (in addition to the one vraa listed above) that can resize them. Mine came with MGI Photosuite.
Old 05-04-03, 12:45 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Actually i don't use the software that came with my digital camera. I use windows XP Powertools image resizer. I can do many files at once, or one at a time, define what resolution. But that's about it. Very simple however.
Old 05-04-03, 03:31 PM
Phil
Driver

vraa:

I checked the web site you gave me (http://www.imageresizer.com/)
and it is apparently not there anymore. I have WindowsXP but where is "Power Tools"? Is that a special program?

Dave: Thanks for the info. Yes, I do use a digital camera, Casio 4.0. I use the Kodak program for my card reader. I will search around that to see if I can find something to reduce the K size of the pic.

Thanks, Phil