Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Ad Block Plus disabeling proper loading of page?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-18, 10:30 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts
Default Ad Block Plus disabeling proper loading of page?

Recently the computer had some updates and following noticed that the quick reply was not accessible nor when clicking on reply was selected also. Determined that Ad Block Plus was now disabling those fields from loading. Disabling Ad Block allows quick and regular reply to load. Any others comes across this?
Old 05-17-18, 01:21 PM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

I have uBlock Origin and I just had the same issue. I cannot reply to threads. I was searching site when I found your post. I have had uBlock on the Firefox browser for years with no issues. I just had the 2018-5 Windows update installed this morning, so maybe that is it, although not sure why a Microsoft update would restrict replies on a Mozilla Firefox browser. I was thinking there may be a new feature on the site that we could not post if we block ads.

??????
Old 05-17-18, 03:02 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Omg. Thank god for this thread. I'm having the same issue.

Initially - I thought ClubLexus was glitching and that's why I couldn't post. Then I decided to look around and found this thread. Its definitely our ad-blocker.

I have been running uBlock on firefox for a long time. I updated my Window OS yesterday and it started happening yesterday. If you turn off uBlock and refresh the page, you can post and reply. I'm not sure why uBlock on the new Windows OS is restricting forum posts.
Old 05-18-18, 06:27 AM
wasjr
Instructor

Can a site administrator shed some light on our issue? I am on another car forum, and two boat forums, and neither uBlock, nor the Windows update yesterday, has had any effect on my ability to reply to threads in those forums. This is the only forum where I am restricted.

Has there been a modification to this site to prevent members with ad blockers from replying to threads?
Old 05-18-18, 06:52 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Don’t have any idea why it’s occuring but have reached out to ask

I am not having any issues with Adblock plus on chrome w pc or on safari/iPad.

if it’s just quick reply impacted, assume the regular reply works fine? Guessing so or there or there wouldn’t be replies to this thread
Old 05-18-18, 07:18 AM
wasjr
Instructor

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
if it’s just quick reply impacted, assume the regular reply works fine? Guessing so or there or there wouldn’t be replies to this thread
Neither reply method works. We have to click on uBlock symbol on toolbar to unblock, then reload page to reply.

While I primarily use Firefox, I also logged into the forum on Microsoft Edge and have the same issue.

Last edited by wasjr; 05-18-18 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-18-18, 10:41 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Firefox updated to 60.0.1 though Ad Block Plus still disables the reply fields. Also went back a few versions of Firefox and nada. My conclusion at this point is that Ad block Plus is not playing well with the version of V Bulletin as configured in CL. V Bulletin V 4.2.0 on another forum works normally.
Old 05-18-18, 11:45 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wasjr
Neither reply method works. We have to click on uBlock symbol on toolbar to unblock, then reload page to reply.

While I primarily use Firefox, I also logged into the forum on Microsoft Edge and have the same issue.
+1 What he said is correct. Start thread, reply, quote reply and etc... all don't work unless you turn off uBlock and refresh page.

I don't think its browser specific. Its strange how the uBlock system is blocking replies for this forum. Is there a possible way to set uBlock to not block anything on ClubLexus?
Old 05-21-18, 10:18 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Relative to Ad Block FWIW, the main hard drive had updated Firefox to V 60.0 and Ad Block also updated. In rare and odd timing, that drive developed an NTFS MBR error so it went circular file this past weekend. I'm on the back-up drive running Firefox V59.0.1 and with Ad Block Plus V 3.1, the site functions normally. Looking at Adblock's site, V3.1 was released on May 16'th.

In my case, Firefox V 60.0.X and Adblock Plus V3.1 does not appear to be a good combination for CL.
Old 05-29-18, 07:07 AM
wasjr
Instructor

Not sure what changed, but I can now post replies without disengaging uBlock.