Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

who do we complain to about the "new" for sale section

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-18, 07:12 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
I can not find any "old" post of mine ANYWHERE please make an option for us to revert back to the old way, this new for mat sucks, I will be using it less because it is so difficult to navigate. please for the love of god change it back, it is crap

HOW IN THE HELL DO WE FIND THE OLD POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe if you add a few more exclamation points I'll hear you .

You aren't searching right if you can't find them. Here's a how to with a couple of screen shots to help and show you they're out there.

Go to the search feature and pick advanced search
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/search.php

Put in your CL username and pick the classifieds. The example below I picked threads you've started

Then hit search

You can get to any of your old ads, but if you have any that are active sales, you should put them in the new marketplace. Not my decision to put in the new marketplace, but it's here and will be used going forward so learn to use it. While the old one was simpler to use and understand, the new one offers some real benefits. Give it a chance.

To be clear, there will be no 'option' to keep the old way around in addition to the new marketplace, that will make it MUCH more confusing for people selling and buying. Transition your sales to the new one.
Old 09-19-18, 12:11 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

So in order to find older post, I have to know the sellers screen name? So I typed in TRD bars and 2 post came up in the new section. What about all the old posts we can not view any of those by typing in search words? so depressing, why change what was not broke and then everyone has to repost their items?
Old 09-19-18, 12:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

So in order to find older post, I have to know the sellers screen name? So I typed in TRD bars and 2 post came up in the new section. What about all the old posts we can not view any of those by typing in search words? so depressing, why change what was not broke and then everyone has to repost their items?
Not at all. You can search for keywords in the old forums as well (example below for "TRD Swaybars" in the old 2GS classifieds), but keep in mind at some point every one of those threads will be locked and any active for sale will need to be in the marketplace.

In the new marketplace, you could simply click GS300 (might want to put a date range 1998 - 2005, I didn't) and click suspension parts to see anything suspension related without all that searching. You can much more easily narrow down what you're looking for, everything has an image you can view from list, it gives you the price, lists sellers location, tells you if something is sold etc. right from the list where the old one you'd have to look through each and every thread to get that detail. IMO that's a very big improvement!

Look, I understand it's change and people are resistant to change.... The new Marketplace is going to take some getting used to and it can be confusing while both old and new are open, but once you get used to the new Marketplace and more sales migrate there it'll be a better experience for both buyers and sellers.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-19-18 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-18-20, 07:45 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

I tried to use the new market place today...it’s really dumpster juice.
Old 05-05-20, 12:17 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

the for sale section is useless now, why can we just look at item from our own year make and model with out completely irrelevant item popping up? I can not even find my own post. just crap absolutely a huge pita
Old 05-05-20, 12:38 PM
IB JT
IB Staff

Received 62 Likes on 56 Posts

why can we just look at item from our own year make and model with out completely irrelevant item popping up?
If I understand correctly, what you describe is based in part as to how the item is listed by the member. If the member does not mark the item for a correct application it, of course, will display with that issue. I see this occur on other sites in the network that use the Marketplace. Bad input = bad output. Without the Marketplace, there would be even far less control for finding items for specific vehicles.

I can not even find my own post. just crap absolutely a huge pita
Constructive criticism helps and is used.

Perhaps there could be an easier way to locate your listings in the Marketplace, but you can do so via your profile or using the search. Either by looking for threads started in the Marketplace by your account or listed in your subscriptions section - if you use that feature. Because your marketplace ads aren't exactly different than your replies outside of the Marketplace, how you locate your post in the Marketplace should not be different than how you locate your posts outside of the Marketplace.
Old 05-05-20, 12:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

the for sale section is useless now, why can we just look at item from our own year make and model with out completely irrelevant item popping up? I can not even find my own post. just crap absolutely a huge pita
Search works exactly the same as it did with the old classifieds and the new marketplace....

You can find your threads the same way as before either by your profile as JT mentions or advanced search like the below

link to search https://www.clublexus.com/forums/search.php

there are three of them
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mar...near-mint.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mar...kers-10-a.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mar...ow-filter.html

And to find stuff by your year and model just click boxes below. You can slice and dice to get much closer to what you are looking for

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-05-20 at 12:59 PM.