Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Remedy to using CL on multiple computers without signing out..?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-03, 02:25 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Remedy to using CL on multiple computers without signing out..?

When I first joined CL, I would simply sign on to computers in school and when finished I just closed the browser window with out properly signing out.

Now I realize this could be the propensity for HUGE problems if someone used CL from one of those computers and found me already signed in. Who knows what they could do???

Is there anyway to fix this? Would changing my password do the trick?

thanks!
Old 08-11-03, 02:49 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

So your question is what happens if someone logs into those computers with you already logged in (without you going back to them and logging out, which is what you should always do on a public access machine)?

If someone whacked the cache or cookies you should be OK, many lab machines have cache cleanout apps that run regularly. We've also upgraded the softward so it may force re-login regardless (it did for me a couple of weeks ago).

I'd still recommend you change your password. I think that will prompt them to re-login when their is a mismatch should they try to post.