Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Cannot send pm’s

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-19, 12:23 PM
wnyjazz
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Cannot send pm’s

Hello,

Once I add text in the body of the message, the preview and submit function keep disappearing.

Please advise.

Thanks
Old 11-12-19, 08:09 PM
IB JT
IB Staff

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts

I'd first suggest clearing your browser's cache. If you have Club Lexus bookmarked, you may need to deselect the Preserve Favorites data or the browser cache clearing will not work properly in this case. If the issue continues, you will need to disable 3rd party plugins used by the browser as they can alter the appearance and/or functionality of the website. If none of that works, we'll need to know the browser, browser version, and operating system so we can attempt to duplicate. As it is right now, I'm unable to duplicate the issue and have not heard any similar reports. The Editor requires your browser to run/execute javascript so your browser is the program that, from given instructions by code, is the one that does the work.

Originally Posted by wnyjazz
Hello,

Once I add text in the body of the message, the preview and submit function keep disappearing.

Please advise.

Thanks
Old 11-12-19, 10:28 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Please advise.
Some persons on CL, for whatever reason, have blocked the ability to receive messages, or have put someone on their ignore list. If that happened, you will not be able to send or receive messages from that person until he or she removes the block.
Old 11-13-19, 12:23 AM
IB JT
IB Staff

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Some persons on CL, for whatever reason, have blocked the ability to receive messages, or have put someone on their ignore list. If that happened, you will not be able to send or receive messages from that person until he or she removes the block.
When a member has been placed on the Ignore list, speaking of PM feature, the PM can be sent by the sender but will not appear in the recipients PM box. The Ignore option does not cause the Preview or Send buttons to disappear.

What the OP here describes is an issue with the WYSIWYG editor and likely to be a browser related issue.
Old 11-13-19, 12:54 AM
wnyjazz
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IB JT
When a member has been placed on the Ignore list, speaking of PM feature, the PM can be sent by the sender but will not appear in the recipients PM box. The Ignore option does not cause the Preview or Send buttons to disappear.

What the OP here describes is an issue with the WYSIWYG editor and likely to be a browser related issue.
Thank you for looking into this.

Today the preview and submit buttons showed up againq.

FWIW coincidentally my issue started after I cleared my Safari’s cache.

Using IOS 13.2.2.

Also had a long standing formatting issue replying to pm’s. So I have have to create a new one each time.

But I like the forum!

Skip