Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Marketplace question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-20, 02:49 PM
LXenial
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marketplace question

Hey y'all, greetings from Atlanta. New member here hoping to become part of the community😎

I tried to post a wanted ad searching for a LX but it said did not have the privilege. Is this because my account is so new and I will be allowed with time, or is it based on post count?

I have had to pay my due with sufficient posts on other forums so I totally understand not wanting weekend warriors on here.

However, I don't know how I could offer any sort of insight or advice to these vehicles from experience. Although I am pretty well-read on them (and the land cruiser) and have plenty of other automotive experience, I have never owned one. I would really like to find one and become an active member here.

Moderators, how could I proceed?

Thanks🤙
Old 02-22-20, 06:14 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Hi, it’s explained right at the top of the marketplace in the rules sticky

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mar...-sale-307.html

When can I start a new thread in the Marketplace?

Creation of marketplace threads in our Classified forums is free, but is a benefit for our active forum members only.

This means new members must contribute to the discussion forum for a minimum of 30 days AND 30 posts before they can post any items for sale or post want to buy threads. Or for those members who read more than they post, we give access after 6 months membership and 5 productive posts. In the interim, they can still respond to existing threads to ask questions and purchase items from qualified members.

This restriction is due to a significant increase of zero-history members posting high dollar items for sale without vouches and having problem sales.

Once members meet both the minimum post-count and time criteria, they will be automatically promoted to the group that can post items for sale. If members meet these criteria but have not been active on Club Lexus for some time, they must make a post in the discussion forums before being promoted.
welcome!
Old 02-22-20, 12:40 PM
LXenial
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Hi, it’s explained right at the top of the marketplace in the rules sticky

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mar...-sale-307.html

welcome!

Thanks!

Okay that's fine. I do have plenty of first hand experience with the JZA80, so perhaps I can offer something for posters here who own the SC300.