Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

I've noticed one thing on CL.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-20, 11:51 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default I've noticed one thing on CL.

I've noticed a distinct pattern at CL over the last couple of years, although I don't think there's really much we can do to discourage it. Especially in Car Chat, we get a lot of new first-time posters, and I and others take the time to be courteous, welcome them to CL, explain any questions they might have, and point out both the Car Chat and Lexus-model-specific forums (their choice), so they can discuss either a specific vehicle or any one they choose. But, more often than not (and, recently, it seems like a lot more often than not), these people will post a couple times, ask a few questions, reply to one or more posts, and then simply disappear or quit posting. It seems like all they want is some quick reference from us as to whether some non-stock or X or Y tire/wheel-combo will fit their vehicle, where they can get the darkest possible tint (sometimes illegally) at the cheapest price, whether X-number of dollars is a good buy for a specific used vehicle, or something similar. In other words, to use us car-enthusiasts at CL as a human, on-line quick-reference to their question, and thats it......Bye, Folks. They have little or no intention of staying and actually contributing to our forum or becoming a serious member.

While one cannot change human nature, and, as a public forum, I guess we all have to put up wth a certain amount of that. But I find it annoying, to say the least. And rude...I see us as a forum of car-enthusiasts, not just a quick-reference guide to auto-technician issues.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-18-20 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-20-20, 04:49 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Hi MM, sorry I wrote up a reply after you posted this but must not have hit post reply.

Yeah, it happens all the time, even more than you see in car chat which is fairly limited in volume for one post wonders. Worse, people join, post in the model forums and often never come back to look for answers even. Those in car chat typically get moved to the right place but we leave a redirect and notify the member via PM notice when that happens so they can find their thread.

All we can do is be welcoming and help them out - hopefully they see the value of the community and stick around and participate.