Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Messaging

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-20, 08:24 AM
Fujifuzz
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Messaging

Dave,

It's been 10 years since my infraction, can i get me messaging back on?
Old 04-22-20, 08:39 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

You haven’t been active on the forums during those 10 years after the infraction and only recently resumed posting.

I am definitely open to turning it back on, but first want to see interaction with other members following our forum rules for a few months first.
Old 04-22-20, 09:18 AM
Fujifuzz
Pole Position

Dave,

I'm not going to spend my life on Clublexus interacting with others to get my messaging privileges back.
I utilize this forum from time to time.

I can interact with others by setting up another account.
Old 04-22-20, 09:43 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Fujifuzz
Dave,

I'm not going to spend my life on Clublexus interacting with others to get my messaging privileges back.
I utilize this forum from time to time.

I can interact with others by setting up another account.
I’m really not asking for much and it is a very reasonable request, but your reply is telling...

Second accounts, most especially those meant to circumvent forum restrictions, are not allowed per our terms of service (which you agreed to follow when you joined). If you do create one both accounts will be banned.
Old 04-22-20, 10:17 AM
Fujifuzz
Pole Position

My infraction was over 9-10 years ago. It sounds like you want to be my probation officer to monitor me. I may not post anything for another 10 years.

As you can see, i'm asking for messaging privileges as i recently listed my car and would like direct messaging vs being denied because my infraction.
Old 04-22-20, 11:38 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

That’s a good analogy. You haven’t yet proven you can interact politely with other members and that’s simply what I’m asking.

You stopped posting immediately after the issue 10 years ago so there is zero history of any positive interactions during that period on CL. I’m certainly hopeful the 10 year time gap has increased maturity and it won’t ever happen again. I just want some proof of that improvement for a couple of months of observation.

You aren’t restricted from posting your car for sale (already done) and you can direct potential buyers to contact you via email (already done). Simply want to keep all communications with other members on the forum visible and able to be reviewed for now.
The following users liked this post:
Fujifuzz (04-22-20)