Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Thread movement

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-03, 10:03 PM
Doc C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thread movement

This may have been answered a million times, but I can't seem to find the answer. When a thread is started and moves down the list of threads, how come some threads don't move back to the top when someone makes a new post??? Also, on many threads, it will show the "last post" by a person 2 weeks ago, but when you go into it, there are numerous new posts since then. Is that a malfunction of some sort, or does the moderator do that??? It's no big deal, but it seems some things on topic aren't allowed to go back to the top, and some that are off topic stay at the top. In the SC430 forum, the ekovalsky thread with a pic of his car in front of his house stayed at the top forever. Most of the posts were about his house and not the car, while people asking about detailing or wheels were moved or kept down on the list. I have no beef with ekovalsky, and I liked the pics and everything else. This was just merely an example of why I'm confused about the heirarchy of the threads. Thanks.

Doc C
Old 09-04-03, 10:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Doc,

It's all pretty simple and I haven't seen any malfunctions. If you point to a specific thread where things are out of sync that will help. Some things that may be causing your confusion.

Posts that are 'sticky'd stay at the top of the forum until un stickied, ordered by post date.

Posts you see that rise to the top of the forum but do not have any recent replies are likely polls. When someone votes on the poll (even if they do not respond) it moves to the top.

Posts that are moved to another forum (you see a (Moved: xxxx redirect marker) will never rise to the top in that forum again because the physical thread now exists in a different forum. I suspect the wheels and detailing threads you reference are moved examples, because there are other forums where those posts belong (not the SC430 forum). If you respond to the thread in the detail forum for example, it rises to the top just like any other thread even if it wasn't started there initially.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-04-03 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-05-03, 10:43 AM
Doc C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

daveGS4,

Thanks for the info. I understand better now. I just couldn't understand talk about a guy's house on the forum staying at the top, while wheels and detailing weren't. It makes sense now that you've explained it.

thanks again,

Doc C
Old 09-09-03, 08:58 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Wheels and detailing have their own forum.