Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

I’ve noticed words are duplicated with a post.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-20, 06:04 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 876 Likes on 608 Posts
Default I’ve noticed words are duplicated with a post.

I’ve experienced this for quite a while here where I post something and some of the words are duplicated. I also see it happening with post on this forum from other members.
I can post a reply like this and experienced will show as “experienced experienced “
My grammar is poor so I use spell check so could be related? Example of a recent post.

Old 06-19-20, 06:22 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Haven't personally noticed this but JT may have seen it. What browser, OS and device are you using to post?
Old 06-19-20, 06:48 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

iPad Air2 with Safari and PC with windows 10 Chrome. Not sure if there was a difference between the two when posting.

Edit: Sorry, I should have mentioned that my example was not from me.

Last edited by tecman; 06-19-20 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-19-20, 06:58 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Does it happen to you on both of them?
Old 06-19-20, 07:17 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

I don’t know. I often go back and review my post when I am bored and that is when I will catch it and edit. I post on both devices equally so not sure.

I will pay more attention to this but it doesn’t seem to just be me.
The following users liked this post:
DaveGS4 (06-19-20)
Old 06-19-20, 08:17 PM
IB JT
IB Staff

Received 62 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by tecman
I’ve experienced this for quite a while here where I post something and some of the words are duplicated. I also see it happening with post on this forum from other members.
I can post a reply like this and experienced will show as “experienced experienced “
My grammar is poor so I use spell check so could be related? Example of a recent post.

The editor does not have the ability to alter text that isn't marked up. Meaning, the software does not change what is typed into the message area. It does run a script to replace text that needs executed (such as formatting - bold, italic, etc.,) but that is isolated to certain commands that invoke the process and it's also technically not replaced as it's altered on the fly. The editor does not have any built-in spell checker.

In short, the editor cannot change your "experienced" to "experienced experienced" as there is no spell check on this side nor is there any code that would change words typed into the editor. That would be done locally by your browser - such as a spell checker.

In that regard, the likely issue is the software you're using for spell check. You will need to disable the software and re-test. I suspect the issue will disappear.
The following users liked this post:
tecman (06-20-20)